July 2011 Moms
Options

Flying question

Hi Ladies- I've been flying up until now (for work and pleasure) but I'm sitting at home now having a huge brain fart. I'm really wanting to book a trip for two weeks from now just a few states away but I have a nagging feeling that my Dr. gave me the cut off date of 28 weeks regarding taking flights. I'm going to call her tomorrow morning to confirm but what have your Dr.s told you is the latest you can fly?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flying question

• Options

My OB told me she wants me to stop flying after 32wks.  I will be a few days beyond that point for my last flight before the baby.  Big Smile 

FWIW, some doctors say 36 weeks.  It varies by practice. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I used to be a flight attendant, and you can fly up til' 36 weeks providing that you are healthy... I'd still talk to your doctor just in case. It couldn't hurt. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine said it was fine to fly up to 36 weeks.
  • Options
    I've also heard that in general you can fly up until 36 weeks, but it's entirely possible for a doctor to make other recommendations based upon individual circumstances. Your doctor will know what is best for you!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    i told my doctor i was flying at 28 weeks and all she said was, "Have a fun trip!" :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagechocoholicchick:

My OB told me she wants me to stop flying after 32wks.  I will be a few days beyond that point for my last flight before the baby.  Big Smile 

FWIW, some doctors say 36 weeks.  It varies by practice. 

My doctor OKs travel up to 36 weeks. Nothing about flying is particularly bad for you or can cause PTL, it's just the same old problems you can get from sitting for long periods, basically. The only other concern is being away from your OB if something does go wrong, and if you're in the US, especially near a metropolitan area, there should be medical care nearby.

• Options

I was scheduled to go to Europe about 7 weeks before my due date but the doctor wouldn't make any guarantees saying she would need to evaluate me a few days before I left and I would need to fly first class. Needless to say, work cancelled that trip quick!

I think for short-range flights the nurse said it was around 4 weeks prior to delivery. I don't know if that is helpful since it probably ranges by doctors.

Anniversary< br > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My OB said 34 weeks (or maybe it was 36), either way I felt personally I did not want to fly that late, so I got my trips wrapped up @ 28 weeks. I say go if you feel comfortable.
  • Options
    Thanks so much ladies! I think I must have been imagining the 28 week cut off- that does seem pretty early. I'll call in the morning and get excited about my trip tonight Smile
  • Options

Double check with the airlines too. They all have their own policies and some require a doctors note  of apporoval.

• Options
    I am flying at 32 weeks for a wedding and my doc was fine with it. I think she mentioned as long as its no later than 32 weeks.

Tyler is going to be a big brother!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    My doctor told me 32-33 weeks.

Married my love 10/18/08 | DS born 07/16/11 | MMC 01/16/13 at 11w6d | DD edd 04/27/14

• Options
    imageOct08b2bee:
    This
  • Options
    My OB said 35 weeks...
  • Options
    Mine said 36 weeks as long as all is going well. I will be flying when I am 32 weeks and the dr. I spoke with about it is not concerned at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was supposed to go on a business trip in a few weeks, but I opted not to do it b/c of the chance of blood clots. I believe the FAA allows you to fly all the way up to 30 days out. 

• Options

imageOct08b2bee:

This.  My doctor even ok'd Europe until 36 weeks as long as she saw me before I left.  I'm still opting not to go even though it's my brother's wedding.  But I'm opting out because of comfort, not safety concerns.

I will be flying at 32 weeks a few states away. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    BFP #1 3/27/10 - mmc discovered 5/20/10 at 11w2d - d&c 5/21/10
    BFP #2 11/6/10 - EDD 7/19/11 - Beta #1 @ 13dpo, 104 - Beta #2 @ 20dpo, 3400s
    BFP #3 4/24/13 - EDD 1/8/14 - Beta #1 @ ?, 33 - Beta #2 @ 4 days later, 260
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm flying at 31 weeks and she said it was fine as long as I get up alot and keep hydrated.
  • Options
    I have a wedding @35w, 6d and I would have to fly.  Doc already told me to politely decline the invitation :(  She said "even if I said it was ok, nobody would let you on a plane."  OK then! 
  • Options
    My doctor told me they preferred no travel after 33 weeks.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"