Georgia Babies

Field Trip days at zoo/aquarium, etc freak me out

The zoo was PACKED today with field trips.  So crazy that it wasn't fun. They always make me so nervous as my kids always get pushed down, shoved out of the way, knocked over, etc.  I always feel like school trips here need more parent volunteers as the kids go wild and just don't seem to have any manners.

We didn't renew our membership to Imagine It because it was so bad.  One little girl actually grabbed Ridge and threw him off the fort/rope slide (she was like 6 and he just turned 2).

But I will have to say when we went to NC for Spring Break we visited the fish hatchery in Brevard.  When we pulled up there were two school buses so the pit in my stomach formed.  But the children there were so good and polite.  They actually kept calling out to one another "there are babies here, be careful" and when all the kids were looking at the turtles through the glass they noticed Colton couldn't see....the kids created a path for him, no teacher or me involved, to let him to the front since he was smaller than them.  It was amazing.   Watching how sweet and polite the kids were in this small town makes me want to move out to the country so bad.

Anyone else have "field trip fear?"

Re: Field Trip days at zoo/aquarium, etc freak me out

• I bet I would feel the same way.  As a teacher I have field trip fear.  I hate field trips.  Luckily we never go anywhere big like the Aquarium or Zoo.  I am always paranoid about losing a kid and it's so hard to keep them orderly and organized.  They get so pumped up about the field trip.  Plus there are some who are actually way worse when their parents come with us.  The ones who act up with them but not with us.  They know when their parents are there I will say something but can't really do as much.  Very frusterating.  You would think it would be the opposite.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I totally agree! I have found that at Imagine It Friday mornings are the best time to go for not having field trips. I was also at the Aquarium one day with Finn and there was a high school field trip and this girl started taking pictures of Finn! I went up to her and told her she shouldn't take pictures without asking permission and she rolled her eyes at me and walked away. I was totally sketched out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"