North Carolina Babies

We have turned a new leaf

A lot of you know about my little boy, you know, the one who cries every morning when I leave him at daycare.  The one so many of you have told me would one day get over it and not cry anymore.  We have had more success than fails over the last few months as long as his favorite teacher was there, but it has remained iffy.

But...

It happened.

On Tuesday I was standing talking to his teacher amd he grabbed my hand and started walking me away, I thought he was just taking me to show me something because he sometimes does that.  I stopped to say something else to her so he walked around behind me and pushed me by my legs straight out the door!!!

This morning he was being a little more needy and he was standing right up against me and was hugging me and then all of a sudden he grabbed my hand and walked me to the door.

I am really still in shock, I can't even believe it!  It is sad but happy at the same time.  Man, he is growing up!

My sweet boy :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: We have turned a new leaf

• Lol!

Something I have learned... if I let Allie walk from the car to her classroom, holding my hand, she does not cry one bit!  She is so excited and just runs in and plays.  Waves bye and even blows me a kiss.  :) 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That would make me happy and make me cry at the same time! Yay for Ben not being sad anymore, but hugs to you! They grow too fast. :(
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay!  That is such an awesome feeling isn't it?  We still have trouble at dropoff most days, so I feel your pain.  But every now and then he goes through a phase of running right in like that and it makes my heart melt. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • that is great! I have a similar story for you today DH dropped Nic off at daycare (4th day at new daycare) and in the car he said "Papi, go to new school?" dh says yes and he was saying "yeah" all excited.  I'm so glad we made the switch.  They are big boys now!!
  • imagenlsanchez:
    that is great! I have a similar story for you today DH dropped Nic off at daycare (4th day at new daycare) and in the car he said "Papi, go to new school?" dh says yes and he was saying "yeah" all excited.  I'm so glad we made the switch.  They are big boys now!!

That is great that he is happy and adjusted so quickly! 

That gives me hope for us moving Ben as well.  Now, if I can just figure out how to consistently make it to this new center on time! 

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"