Georgia Babies
Options

Le Sigh...

So, even though my DH knows how busy I am every day and how much I hate hauling kids everywhere to run errands, and even though the post office is ON THE WAY out of town, I have to bring both kids plus a package to the post office today of something he sold on ebay.  What a PITA.  Post office parking lots are so busy and I only have two arms, both of which I need to get the babies in the door...so how am I supposed to bring a package in, too?  I don't mind much places with carts like grocery stores bc there is always someone willing to help if I need it and mostly people watch for children in those parking lots.  But to my knowledge the post office doesn't provide carts to help you get your hoard and brood inside.

And its not as if he didn't complete the sale before he left either.  He had it all boxed up and the address and everything.  He was just too freaking lazy to do this himself.  It would have taken him max ten minutes while its going to take me at least thirty and its a waste of gas to boot since the post office was enroute for him.

Re: Le Sigh...

• Options

If you have a postage scale you can weigh it and prepay for it at home and they will come pick it up for you!  No wrangling required, and they offer a discount if you do it online!

• Options
    You do realize that your husband is not the boss of you, and you can just flat out refuse for all the reasons you've mentioned, right? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kegkeg member
    I feel your pain!  DH recently had me go to the hardware store for something like 4 washers with DDs.  I spent something like $0.40, but had to wrangle both kiddos in and out of the car and put one on my back so she doesn't destroy the store. 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options
    If it were me, I would have just left it for him to take care of when he got home.  Or he can take it tomorrow.  You've got enough to do my friend.
  • Options
    Had a similar issue with DH a couple weeks ago. He needed me to take a check to get deposited and the one we go to doesn't have drive thru, so I have to walk in. I do these kind of errands when Abigail is in school just because it is so much easier since she is so independent. But Abigail was on spring break, so I didn't have that luxury. DH got mad at me that I didn't take the check, even though I was going to do it the next Monday while Abigail was at school. He wasn't happy about it, but I didn't care, because if it was that important that it couldn't wait a couple more days, he should have done it the two days he was home! I do things on my schedule when its easiest for me...and I only have one!
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Will someone die a painful death if the package doesnt get shipped before he gets back? 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMrsBrandiGreene:
    Will someone die a painful death if the package doesnt get shipped before he gets back? 

No, but I don't want to put up with the sulking if it doesn't happen.  Luckily my FIL was in the neighborhood and he was only too happy to keep P while I ran over there with Isaac.  At least it didn't rain on me.

I did text him a friendly reminder about the location of the post office (right turn, even!) right off his departure route.  Next time he leaves I will be sure to remind him that if he has to bring something to the post office that week he needs to take care of it on his way OOT.

• Options

When I go to the post office with two kids, I put the package in the stroller basket.  No wrangling required.  

Also, when my husband asks me to do something I don't think I can manage, I tell him exactly that.   Although, the post office would not be something that would throw my day into a tailspin. 

• Options
    imageMLvK:

When I go to the post office with two kids, I put the package in the stroller basket.  No wrangling required.  

Also, when my husband asks me to do something I don't think I can manage, I tell him exactly that.   Although, the post office would not be something that would throw my day into a tailspin. 

THIS!

• Options
    imageMLvK:

Our old PO sucked (logistically, not service-wise).  Parking lot is very busy and tight  and on an extremely crowded busy highway and the waiting area is really tight and often crowded.  I went to the new one today, got a great parking spot up front and unloaded the BOB (single since my FIL saved the day) no prob and the waiting area was nice and spacious.  I could probably do two kids easily with a stroller if I luck out on parking there.  Service was really friendly too.  :)  I like my new town.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"