Pittsburgh Babies

BRU Rant!!

My shower is May 1, so a bit over a week away, and I have been breaking the rules and checking my registry pretty much every day to see what we are getting. This morning, after hearing from my mom that when she went into BRU there was hardly anything in stock that was on my registry, I went to check it out. She was not lying! There are probably 25 out of 95 items that are actually listed as Sold in Stores. some others have the option of ordering online for in store pick up, but if my guests are like me, they will probably wait until the last minute, at which point it will be a bit late to wait for shipping. Also, it doesn't seem that the older generations are very savvy when it comes to online ordering. My husband and I specifically registered for in-stock items as opposed to doing things online to make it easier on guests who went into the store.  When I registered I brought the inventory issue at the SH store up to the employee and was very rudely told that they keep things well stocked and there won't be an issue (I had asked about free online shipping, etc since I had been to the store many times to buy shower gifts only to find that pretty much everything was out of stock). Well guess it turns out that they have not fixed the issue!!! So angry about this as we were really hoping to get some of the necessities for the shower as opposed to boatloads of clothing. I wish another baby store would come to the south hills market to either force BRU to handle their inventory better, or just to give other options for registering! I hate that store!!

Re: BRU Rant!!

• I hear ya!  I wish they never would have merges TRU and BRU!  That was the biggest mistake for the baby shoppers.  My friend just had her shower this past weekend and when I went shopping it was almost impossible to find anything in the store let alone on the shelves.  My shower isn't going to be until August and I am tempted to put something on the invitation warning people of the issue so they can plan ahead. Even if you go to Target or Walmart to register there is still the same issue.  No one wants to keep the bigger items in stock.  It sucks because most of the items that I like are available online only.  Not everyone has a computer, contrary to popular belief.  My in-laws don't and won't because they are older and don't understand.  It really just sucks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If they made it a bit easier, like bed bath and beyond, it might be a different story. I have gone in there for bridal registries, found items to be out of stock, and they have offered to order it for me and ship it free of charge directly to the recipient. BRU touts that you can come pick it up after you order...that's great if you plan ahead and leave enough time to get the item ordered then make it back to the store to get it. When I see a registry with almost 100 items on it, I usually assume there will be a big selection of in stock items so I don't need to order ahead. Grr this store has me so fired up today! I wish USA Baby would open a south hills location. They are more helpful and also have items in stock!
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you guys look into baby depot? I know they have one near Century 3! They have all kinds of good big item stuff there... Maybe try there... Sorry to hear you are having these issues with BRU! I know I had to keep checking our Registry with number 1 cause they were Changing over stocks
    Kristen&Randy Married:6/30/2007 Had Faith 6/17/2008 Robbie 10/12/2011 image photos by Oh What Love Photography and Design imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Well, the good thing is BRU is phenomenal w/ returns, so if you do get a boatload of clothes, just take them all back and get the things you want.   Plus, you can find coupons online for free shipping sometimes.

For my shower, I am putting on the invitations "Please note, most items on the registry are online only."   That way, people have a heads up.  

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"