Birth Stories
Options

My birth story...

6 years ago my daughter was born. I had no idea if I wanted natural or an epi during it, I think I was just so worried about the unknown situation I was about to come into that I had not decided. Exactly 2 weeks before she was due, my water broke at midnight, while I wsa asleep. It was the grossest feeling I had every felt. I cleaned up and showered and went back to bed because I hadn't felt anything and was ridiculously tired. I woke up again around 7. I had an appt that morning at 9:30 with my OB, so I got up and got dressed and went with my mother to it. He checked me and I was dilated to 3 and he sent me to the hospital. It wasn't until about 11:30 that they got me checked in and into a birthing suite. At about 2 my dr came in and checked and I was dilated to a 6. This entire time I had not felt anything that resembled what I thought a contraction would feel like. At the same time our almost entire family showed up to see me. The dr informed me that there was a larger than usual amount of women in labor and that if I wanted a epi I should probably get it now because the anesthesiologist might be too busy to make it to me in time later on (it was a full moon). So being scared of not having the option at all, I decided to get the epi. At about 2:30 the dr came in to give me the epi, and I have seriously never felt pain as bad as that in my entire life. After I was numb I decided to try and take a nap. Although I hadn't felt contractions like I thought I would, I had pains in my back, but it was manageable. At 4:30 the nurse came in to check me, and I was at a 10 and was told to push. I pushed for about 20 minutes and they said she may be stuck, they decided to use the vacuum and she was out at 5:00 on the dot. She was 7lbs 4oz 20 in long. Perfect scores on Apgar and the only issue was a tiny bruise on her forearm from being lodged in my pelvis, and of course her little cone head. She is noe 6 years old and a happy and healthy beautiful smart kindergartener. :) Now I am on baby #2, and praying for an all natural birth!!

Re: My birth story...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"