Military Families

Vent

So my husband is in Virgina for training. The training lasts 2 months and the army was supposed to pay for the hotel room he's staying in.

So now that hes been there for a month he calls to tell me that the army doesnt want to pay for the hotel...something about he has clearance through the unit he's in- his Sgt, etc, but the higher ups changed their mind.

The hotel bill is close to $1200 which is most of our savings plus his pay check.  I'm new to the army wife thing so i dont understand why hes filed the paperwork he was supposed to file and they're denying him after they told him this wouldnt come out of pocket.  I quit my job when we got married so now im trying not to freak out.
Army Wife1 BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Vent

• they are responsible to give him a place to stay/pay for a place for him to stay if he is tdy. my husband just spent 3 months in a hotel room it was about 6000 dollars we had to pay it up front and put it on his personal credit card because his military credit card has a max of 4000 but he got reimbursed for the max allowed per day plus his daily food allowance pay. save the reciepts and submit them when he goes to his next station.

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• He needs to resubmit the paperwork. His hotel should be covered, and he should be receiving per diem for food. To the pp, your DH's government card limit CAN be increased based on the need. DH was in Japan for a month last year. Between his hotel, car rental, food, and plane tickets, it was over $11,000. He contacted DTS (That's what it is in the Marine Corps), and his card was given an unlimited balance. After he returned, it was reduced again.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • he may have been required to obtain a statement of nonavailability.  he may be responsible for the costs of the hotel because the TDY may have had space available somewhere for him to stay.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It depends on what his orders say. It will list if he is authorized off-post housing, and if so, he will be reimbursed for the expense at the government rate for that area. If the orders list he needs to be on post, then he is SOL. Did he get a statement of nonavailability for on post billeting?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLissa832:
    He needs to resubmit the paperwork. His hotel should be covered, and he should be receiving per diem for food. To the pp, your DH's government card limit CAN be increased based on the need. DH was in Japan for a month last year. Between his hotel, car rental, food, and plane tickets, it was over $11,000. He contacted DTS (That's what it is in the Marine Corps), and his card was given an unlimited balance. After he returned, it was reduced again.

we were excited he could put it on his personal credit card because we got all the cash back and points :)

Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Can you give me any info on this military creditcard??
    DeterminedBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageshinece:
    Can you give me any info on this military creditcard??

It is a government issued card for official use purposes only.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageshinece:
    Can you give me any info on this military creditcard??

My husband was given one for official use. He was issued it while he was deployed but it can be used for all TDY and PCS travel that is reimbursible (word?) by the government.

• imageGreenFlamingo7:
    It depends on what his orders say. It will list if he is authorized off-post housing, and if so, he will be reimbursed for the expense at the government rate for that area. If the orders list he needs to be on post, then he is SOL. Did he get a statement of nonavailability for on post billeting?

I think thats the problem: I'm pretty sure his orders give him off post housing, but they wont give him a statement of nonavailability...or they're taking their time...or something. He was supposed to get a prepaid card type of thing to use to pay for the at least the hotel, if not his food...and even though he's turn in the paperwork he hasnt gotten the card.
    Either way neither of us have a personal credit card-he just had to take out a loan to pay for the hotel for the rest of his training.

Army Wife1 BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • yeah if the navy lodge and navy gateway inn and suites have rooms my husband always has to stay there unless there are no rooms and they give him the non availibility paper. Otherwise it is all on our dime if he doesnt get that paper but he always makes sure he gets it BEFORE he checks in to the other hotel to avoid this problem.

image"">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"