Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Sitting unsupported but still hasn't rolled back to belly!

DD is almost 7 months old. Is this strange?! Everything I've read says that rolling both ways strengthens the muscles for sitting unsupported. DD seems to have skipped the rolling from back to belly phase. Also, when you put her on her belly, she rolls to her back almost immediately! It's like she won't roll the other way b/c she doesn't like being on her belly. But, she's strong and healthy, sitting up, grabbing at things, lunging forward from my arms to grab toys, etc. Am I alone?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sitting unsupported but still hasn't rolled back to belly!

• Options
    My DD is in the exact same boat!!! She immediatly rolls from belly to back but will NOT ever roll the other way. She is sitting on her own now, grabs for things, and even stands strong on her legs with little support, just by holding my fingers. I don't get it either....hahaha!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My son does the same thing.  He just HATES being on his tummy.  My pedi said this is very common because we put him to sleep on his back.  She said not to worry.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Same here. He also rolled over constantly to his back, so I had to do tummy time in the boppy for a while just so he would have tummy time. Since then, he's been better about tummy time, and is really only on his back when we put him to bed (or when he gets tired of sitting up and falls backward). He will still roll to his back occasionally, but focuses more on getting up on all 4's and rocking.

He is seriously going to have to crawl before he rolls to his belly. It's the only way he'll see any point in going from back to belly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You are not alone! E is sitting unsupported and predominantly rolls back to belly but not much the other way. By 'not much the other way,' I mean she has rolled belly to back maybe 7 times in the last 2 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    JDOJDO member
    W sat unsupported before rolling either way. He was tripod sitting by 4 months and fully sitting soon after, but didn't roll until close to 6 months.
  • Options
    My DD won't roll either way.  I'm sure she could, she just has no desire to.  She can sit totally unsupported just fine.  She's just not into rolling.  She'll scoot a bit backwards and in a circle, but doesn't really care to move around.  DD#1 was cruising all around furniture at her age.... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"