Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

North Dallas DayCare or Childcare services

Good afternoon DFW ladies!

I am fairly new to the area, and my DH and I are starting the Daycare/Childcare search.   My mommy friends here in Dallas (also all transplants) are all Stay At Home moms, so I am having a hard time finding recommendations.

We are open to DayCare Centers, Daycare that is based out of someone's home, as well as Nannies. 

Our home is in North Dallas (close to Hockaday/Jesuit) however, I work in Coppell and DH works Downtown. We were hoping to find someplace that is middle ground. Does anyone have any recommendations or know of a resource I can go to to do my own research?  Any help is greatly appriciated!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: North Dallas DayCare or Childcare services

• Options

Congrats on the baby! I was searching for schools for my son a few months ago before our situation changed. 

I always look for NAEYC accreditation which the schools will have a lower child to teacher ratio and more focus on curriculum that encourages learning through play. I would also check the Department of Family and Protective Service Child Care Licensing where you can look at the violations in the schools around your area.  

Also check out DFWareamoms.com for good recommendations from other moms in the DFW area. Good luck with the search!

Mom to former 30 weeker born early to Pre-E. Now happy, health and growing at home!
  • Options

I'm not much help since DS is not in daycare but I would think there are lots of options in North Dallas. We looked into MDO at the JCC of Dallas based on the Natural Playground which is currently in the development stages. We are not Jewish though. 

For nannies I would try care.com and I second the dfwareamoms.com website. You might also think about joining the NDECPTA. I'm sure there are moms who could offer advice in NDECPTA. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use an inhome daycare (babies 3 years and younger) close to Arapaho/Hillcrest if you are interested - I know she has openings. You can PM me for the info.
    image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"