Health & Exercise
Options

Spider veins after pregnancy..

After pregnancy I've noticed some spider veins on my legs- they're small but blue and I have also noticed that I can see my veins through my skin.. has anyone else noticed this after pregnancy and do you know of any treatments besides surgery? Summer is coming and I don't want them to be really visible when I wear skirts and shorts! 

Re: Spider veins after pregnancy..

• Options

I haven't been pregnant, but I did get some spider veins on my legs after a lower leg surgery. I haven't heard of any treatment besides surgery. At least in my experience, though, other people do not notice the spider veins. (People don't even notice the huge scars on my legs unless I point them out.) That said, I'm still self-conscious about the spider veins, so I'd love to hear other people's tips!

I have started wearing compression socks (mine are from a running/sports company) when I'm on my feet for a long time or when traveling long distances.  The socks help me keep the swelling in my lower legs to a minimum, which I hope will keep me from getting too many more spider veins.

Good luck!

• Options
    You can get saline injections, but "they" recommend you do it in the fall/winter to have your legs ready for summer.  I believe they have to be pretty big to get the injections though.  I have them, too, but they are small and, frankly, I don't really care at this point.  They are my "battle scars" from pregnancy!  ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've had this procedure done:

https://www.totalveincarelouisiana.com/sclerotherapy.htm

The needle is tiny and it didn't even hurt.  In my opinion the biggest pain was the compression hose.  They were sooooo uncomfortable.  Bigger veins may take more treatments.  But mine practically went away w/ one treatment ... which cost me $ 400 (I'm in Louisiana).  Of course, since I've had it done I had another child and got more (not as many) spider veins.  I plan on having it done again once we are completely done having kids!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"