Indiana Babies

NBR Poll: Dishwasher habits

My husband and I differ on how we load the silverware into the dishwasher baskets. I feel like I have strong logic behind my method. His method drives me crazy. I spend way too much time thinking about this...[Poll]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR Poll: Dishwasher habits

• ha, your not alone.  I load spoon and knives handle up and forks, tines up all mixed together.  My logic is obviously you don't want knives up b/c of possibly cutting yourself and you do want forks up to make sure the tines get clean and spoons it doesn't really matter. And I mix them all up b/c if you put spoons all in one they will sit on each other and not get clean, same with knives.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• imagebeccabrad:
    ha, your not alone.  I load spoon and knives handle up and forks, tines up all mixed together.  My logic is obviously you don't want knives up b/c of possibly cutting yourself and you do want forks up to make sure the tines get clean and spoons it doesn't really matter. And I mix them all up b/c if you put spoons all in one they will sit on each other and not get clean, same with knives.

Exactly this!

Whitney, dishwasher loading is a sticky subject in my house. I'm often caught "fixing" the way Brian does it. I really need to leave it the eff alone, though, and just be grateful that he does the dishes period.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I totally reload the silverware if my husband has done it "incorrectly"!

I'll come clean (pun intended) - I load mine mixed together, handle side up, mostly for the same reasons as stated above. If you load all the same type together, they stick together and don't get clean. Chris separates them by type because he argues that it makes them easier to put away. Umm, not if you have to rewash all of them! I load everything handle side up because a) i don't want to get stabbed, and b) i don't want to touch the clean eating surfaces with my hands when I unload them - it makes me feel like I'm recontaminating them. Plus, if I grab the handles, then they are in the right orientation to go into the silverware drawer :) I guess I never thought that the fork tines might not get as clean down in the basket as they would sticking out. Hmm. I seriously need to stop obsessing about this. I often wonder if I had to give up or compromise on one of my loading rules, which it would be - guess I would go with the orientation since most people seem to agree that mixing the types is best...

Did I really just spend 10 minutes typing a post about loading a dishwasher?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"