New Jersey Babies
Options

NJ Teachers?

I know this has been posted before, but just want to see if anyone can clarify the NJ FMLA leave for teachers. I know that you can apply for 6 weeks of partial pay within 30 days of starting leave....however, if you take your sick days from your school district, does that affect getting the 6 weeks partial pay? Can you use both? If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: NJ Teachers?

• Options
    you can use your sick days for 4 weeks before and 6 weeks after the baby.  During this time you're considered disabled so that's why you can use your sick time.  Judging by your ticker it looks like you might be due in the summer, just keep in mine you can only use your sick days for 6 weeks after the baby, no matter when the baby is born.  So, if you have the baby the beginning of July, you won't be able to use any sick time (unless you get 12 month pay and then I don't know how it works).  Anyway, the paid 6 week FML comes after the 6 week disability, so that puts you at 12 weeks after the baby is born.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Options

Hi there-

I am with you and totally confused.  My due date is 10/12 but its twins so my doctor thinks more like Sept. 20th.  I HIGHLY doubt I will be coming back for the Sept. 8th start.  What are the totals of days I can take with NJ FMLA and FMLA.  I know this has been posted a bunch....I would also like to use sick days.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure exactly how it works but I am due June 5th, leaving work May 6th, using sick days from May 9th until June 21.  Then applying for the 6 week partial pay starting Sept. 1 and going until mid Oct. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think using sick days depends on your district because in mine I can use 20 days before and 20 days after my due date (and it doesn't change if the baby is early or late).  

Then after those 20 days in NJ you can use FMLA for 12 weeks. That is unpaid, but allows you to keep your benefits for those 12 weeks. You can supplement your FMLA time with NJFLIA where you get 6 weeks of paid leave. This leave does not pay your full salary, though. It is only a % up to a little over $500 a week I think. And if you have disability insurance, you can use that at the same time as you are getting the state money (for as long as your plan give you). So there is an added bonus.

I hope that helps!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"