Illinois Babies

*lelekay*

I saw that you're using the Bright Horizons in Deerfield.  How do you like it? 

We're waiting for the Walgreens one to have an opening in the fall, but we'll probably end up at the Deerfield location until then.  Anything I should know?  How long did you have to wait to get in there?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *lelekay*

• We like it there a lot!  The center itself is beautiful and well-designed, and there's not a lot of "equipment" like swings and bouncers....I feel like the teachers really do a good job of actually interacting with the babies rather than putting them in a seat.  The playground is absolutely gorgeous, though it's more for the older kids.  The babies and toddlers have their own outdoor patio to play on in nice weather.

Other perks (for us):  6:30-6:30 hours, low teacher turnover (many have been there for years and years), secure door with a keypad entry, homecooked food made on site which is included in the price of tuition (you provide bottles and cereal, the rest, including purees, is provided), daily emails with highlights of the infant room's day (including daily photos), and full-time babies get their own crib that isn't shared.  I also like the center's directors a lot, and I like how they often drop into the rooms to visit and they know everyone and greet everyone every day.  Oh, and they do super-cute art projects, even in the infant room!  :)

I honestly can't think of anything that I don't like about it, except for maybe the fact that they were not all that receptive to cloth diapering (which is just a personal thing that wouldn't affect too many people, I suppose).  We use cloth at home and we tried it at daycare for about a month.  They'll do it, but I could tell they didn't really like doing it (they complained about leaks with them, even though I never have leaks at home).  Now he's back to 'sposies at daycare and just cloth at home.  That, and the tuition, of course, but that just comes with the territory!  Stick out tongue  MH and I both feel it's totally worth it, though!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Oh, and we had gotten on the waiting list when I was just only 12 weeks pregnant, but I'm not sure that was totally necessary to do it quite that early.  I do recommend getting on the wait list ASAP just to be sure, though (for us it was by far the #1 choice of centers in the area, and we wanted to ensure a spot).  You never know what kind of spots will open up an how long the list will be, so if you know that's where you want to be (while you wait for Walgreen's), then don't wait.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the feedback! The hours are great and even better than the Walgreens location.  I love the idea of the daily emails so you can see what's going on when you aren't there.  It sounds like such a nice place so I'm really happy we found Bright Horizons.  When we went to visit, everyone was so nice and it felt very homey & friendly so we're excited to have a place that we're comfortable with.

Hopefully, if we're on the waiting list at 3 locations, we'll at least have one we can use by November and then change later.   Thanks for the info!  Very much appreciated : )

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"