Illinois Babies

Intro & Looking for an OB rec. in the suburbs!

Hello Chicago bump mamas!

I thought I'd do a little intro here before randomly posting. I am currently living in San Diego, but will be moving back to IL in a few months (sometime before I hit 28 weeks). I will be around the Streamwood/Schaumburg/Elgin area, and I was wondering if anyone had a rec. for a good OB/Gyn around there?

I am very nervous to have to switch over all my medical stuff when I'm going to be more than half-way through a twin pregnancy.

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro & Looking for an OB rec. in the suburbs!

• The OB I go to is in Schaumburg and Arlington Heights - so depending on where you are, they may not be that convient at all, but its called WomanCare (womancarepc.com) and I LOVED them.  I have several friends that have all delivered with them and have nothing but rave reviews.

I have also heard excellent things about Julie Dohr, and her office (www.novasassociates.com/), shes in Barrington and delivers at Good Shepard  and I think St. Alexius as well.

One of my best friends is in Elgin, I can find out who she went to if you want to know, she delivered at Sherman Hospital in Elgin.

Good Luck with your move. I was just out in the San Diego area (stayed in Carlsbad) and love it out there!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Thank you so much for the info! I will begin looking into it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome, looks like you're moving into my neck of the woods (Elgin/St. Charles area)!  It may be a bit far for you, but I'll throw my OB out there... I go to Dr. Patel at Dreyer in Batavia.  She delivers at Delnor (Geneva).  Also, a good friend of mine loves Dr. Gail Gerber, she is in the Schaumburg/Hoffman area and delivers at St. Alexius.

• I live in that area! I am in South hanover park near Bartlett, Carol Stream and Bloomingdale.

My Ob/gyn is Dr Heimburger with DuPage Medical Group and he is wonderful. I see him at locations in Bloomingdale (outside of the startford square mall) and Dananda (in Wheaton).

Good luck with the move and welcome to the board! 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Hey fellow November Mamma,  My OB is based out of Elgin, Fox Valley Women's Healthcare.  I see Dr. Korzen, but I have seen a few of the other doctors for various reasons and my mom and sister both see them as well.  I really love Dr. Korzen, she's super friendly, always makes me feel special, she delivered DD, and when I went for my first appt, she even called DD by name (and its been 4 years since she was born).  You would deliver at Sherman Hospital in Elgin. 
  • The website for their office is www.fvwh.com

• Hey mama!  I am in Streamwood/ Schaumburg area.  Where abouts are you moving?  I delivered my first with Dr. Susan Orhan out of St. Alexis/ Alexain Brothers and was not happy.  Long wait times and at the end she became unsupportive of my wants.  

I am currently looking for a new OB/ midwife as well.  I have a friend that delivered twins natural last year if you'd like I can ask her the midwife/ doc name and pass it along to you.   

AP, BWing, BFing, CDing, VBAC, Crunchy Mama to my handsome little 2 year old and squishy newbie! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Babywearing Leader to the DuPage Slingers www.DuPageSlingers.Blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"