Kansas Babies

Salina Area???

This is baby number 1 for us. We live in Salina, but I'm not really sure of anything around here, as far as everything from shopping to daycares to classes. Any one else in the area?

Re: Salina Area???

• We just moved from Salina last year - after 4 yrs of living there.  My brother in law and his family still live there. 

What would you like to know? :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am only 45 min. away from Salina, and will definitely be doing most of our baby shopping there. I lived there for a few years, but dont know much about what is available there for classes and what not. If you find anything out that is available classes wise let me know! I dont see my ob until May 17 there in Salina, but will definintely be asking questions then. And congrats by the way! This is my #1 too :)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Shopping-Downtown is the place to go for lots of really cute, kitchy shops with specialty items. Simply Baby & More is a great one for baby items, but a little on the expensive side. www.simplybabyandmore.com

If you are into big box retail- South of town is where to go. Target, Walmart, Lowe's, etc.

Daycares-  IMO daycare options suck in Salina. All of the actual daycare centers for kids under two are booked solid and will never call you back. Even the YMCA, for kids 2.5 years and up, seldom has openings. You will probably have to find a good in-home daycare. This website will help you do that: https://www.kaccrra.org/

Classes- I'm not sure what types of classes you're talking about but I'm guessing labor classes and childcare types. The hospital, Salina Regional Health Center, has classes. They just redid their maternity ward and I just toured it. It's pretty nice, really! www.srhc.com

Just PM me if you need anything else! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"