3rd Trimester

What do I need?

I thought I was almost ready for my baby girl, but it seems like every day my list gets longer. I'm nervous that I'm gonna forget something important... so what do I need to have before we head to the hospital? What are the must-haves for me and the baby that I need to have before she arrives?

Re: What do I need?

• car seat

place for baby to sleep (crib, bassinet, or pack and play)

diapers

some clothes

something to eat (either breastmilk or formula)

That's it for real "must haves". The rest is gravy.

• also cotton puffs and rubbing alcohol and some type of swaddling blanket, a boppy or breast friend. I could have lived in my bedroom with the baby with nothing else but diapers, wipes, clothes, a swaddling blanket, boppy and my boobs and rubbing alcohol and cotton puffs for the umbilical cord stump. Everything else wasn't a "must have" until later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I remember before my first LO was born I was stressing about every little thing just because you really don't know what to expect and there's HUGE lists of all these things you think you "need" but really like the pp said..you really only need diapers, wipes, a place for the baby to sleep, food and some clothes.

I am not nearly as stressed this time (or I have different stresses) but the nesting kicks in no matter what that makes you kind of have moments where you freak out about having things really ready. I know everyone says this but it's true, just take this time before baby to relax and enjoy your freedom because you won't get it back for awhile.

• imagetokenhoser:

car seat

diapers

some clothes

This, plus baby tylenol and a "health kit" with baby thermometer in case of an un-forseen sickness/cold. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • You really only need a car seat and a place for baby to sleep when you take her home. Everything else someone can go get for you when you get home or while  you're in the hospital. When you first get home you'll want diapers, wipes, swaddling blankets, onesies and or footy sleepers, a hat for her head,  and bottles and nipples if you're doing formula, otherwise a pillow to help you breastfeed. You really don't *need* as much as the internet and stores tell you you do! :)
  • I'm glad you girls posted this as it has reassured me I'm ready for this baby.  I keep feeling like I need to get stuff for baby but being this is baby #2 I already have everything so I haven't bought anything leaving me feeling as though I'm slaking.  So thank you for helping me relax and remind me all I really need to do is get the baby's car seat in the car soon and buy some newborn diapers.  
  • imagetokenhoser:

car seat

diapers

some clothes

Now I want potatoes and gravy. Thanks. Stick out tongue

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • klvklv member
    Maybe a few blankets and burp rags. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"