Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Books on m/c

I'm a reader. After I found out I was pregnant I think I read about every book on pregnancy. Seems silly now, but at least I will be prepared next time (see how I say "next time"? - I'm trying to be positive).

Anyway, I was by the library on my lunch break and figured I'd see if there were any books on m/c. I was surprised at how many came up when I searched. There was only one available for check-out today "To Full Term: A Mother's Triumph Over Miscarriage," but I reserved a few others that sounded good.

Any good recommendations for m/c books?

Re: Books on m/c

• I'm not sure if you are a Christian or not, but there is a really good devotional that I loved and wished I had gotten it sooner after my m/c.  It's called Grieving the Child I Never Knew. Excellent...I would recommend it.
  • I pretty much hated all the m/c books we were given, except one.  It is called Empty Cradle Full Heart.  It is great, there is even a section for your DH.
    imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • I wondered this too....thanks for asking
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't really like Empty Cradle Broken Heart.  I liked Preventing Miscarriage by Jonathan Scher.  It's an older book, but it helped me a bit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • I liked Miscarriage, Medicine, and Miracles.  It is a new book, published in 2008.
  • I just read "After Miscarriage: Medical Facts and Emotional Support for Pregnancy Loss " by Kristi Danielson - She is not a doctor, but suffered 3 miscarriages before having two natural pregnancies -

Overall - it was pretty good - I like her sidebar notes about what she went through with each miscarriage - I could totally relate !

I was just on Amazon.com and there are so many! I feel like I have to mix them up with lighter reading ....

• I've been reading Coming to Term, which is interesting. ?It isn't exactly a book to make you feel good, but it does talk about all the causes of m/c and what is truth vs not. ?It is written by a science writer who experienced multiple m/c with his wife, so parts of it can be pretty scientific. ?It has really opened my eyes to how little we really know about what causes m/c and that it should be its own specialty. ?There are multiple clinics in England just for m/c patients. ?I think there are just a couple in the US.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"