Health & Exercise

Talk me off the wall

Where do the helpers go when they need help?

I've been writing a weight loss blog for more than a year and people tell me how I really help keep them motivated. 2 weeks ago I wrote about a slipup I had, and then I got sick, and my husband's out of town for 3 weeks for work (and then most of the summer to boot) and with all the stress and fatigue I've just been having a really hard time getting back on track.

I am definitely going to gain weight this week- probably several pounds. It embarrasses the hell out of me since I just passed two personal goals and now I'm going to go above them again.

I really need a kick in the a$$ and I have nowhere to go to get it since I'm supposed to be the one giving out the kicks... 

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Re: Talk me off the wall

• What about a shorter work out? Can you get in 30 minutes of "you time" ? I'm doing the 30 day shred and it feels good to set aside that time for myself every day. I'm also feeling so much more fit! You can do it! Get back on the horse :)
    imageimage
  • Its absolutely normal to hit these lulls!  I think I was in one for about two months, and it showed. I had to change things up completely, gave myself two or three days of just rest and "me" time to get stuff done, and changed my routine up from doing Insanity, yoga and running to getting into swimming and spin instead. 

Maybe going to a new class or place would help?  Don't beat yourself up, you've done great so far!

• Loading the player...
  • I hear ya!  work has been insane over the past two weeks and my workouts have really suffered.  Last week I didn't go to the gym at all and the week before that I only made it to the gym twice.  I have my stuff with me today and I'm planning on going after work.  If I can do it you can do it!  DO IT!! Cool
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"