Health & Exercise

Does anyone still go cycling or just ride a bike in general?

Just want to see if anyone else still goes for a bike ride on the street or on a trail Big Smile
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Does anyone still go cycling or just ride a bike in general?

• I do, twice a week on a road bike for exercise and training for tris.. but I'm not PG yet.  :P
  • We do. Sometimes by myself, other times with the kids. DD has a bike, but we also have a trailer that she and DS can both ride in.
  • Loading the player...
  • J234J234 member

I've been out on my bike a few times, but I'm only 10 weeks so it's not so different from pre-pregnant riding.  I was thinking rail trails would be fine for the summer, but maybe I wouldn't be so comfortable on busy roads.  I'd love to hear what others have done.  : )

• I rode my road bike until I was 27 weeks pregnant. At that point, if I could have continued I would have, but it just got far too uncomfortable.  My knees at that point, were constantly hitting my belly! :-) I'm 5 foot 1, so I was quite big by 27 weeks.

My speed decreased dramatically around 20 weeks and by 27 weeks I could only do about 4 miles before I needed a rest.  My last ride was a nice easy 16 miler with several stops.

However, I was very happy with how I felt up until the point when I stopped! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We don't own a car and cycle pretty much daily.

I have friends who cycled through their entire pregnancies and were fine with it. I would do the same if I ever have another baby.

• Every day - to and from work. It's my only form of transport aside from walking.
    IVF #1 - DD born 2011 FET #1-3 all BFN IVF#2- BFP! EDD Nov. 3, 2014 1st US - March 28
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"