Cincinnati Babies

All put into perspective...

So, I just popped on to check out the posts and responded to the WW checkin.  I went on and on about how DS is waking up at night b/c of his ear infections, how frustrated I am about my weight and how exhausted I am.

Then I go up a couple posts to read the Max update.  I open the blog and begin sobbing in my office.  My heart is going out to Max and Beth and her DH and I just want to hug all of them so tight and make it all better.  I feel like a POS for sitting here thinking that I have all of these problems and they are SO insignificant to what Beth and Max are going through.  The post by Brett is what really got to me. 

You can bet that when I am playing with my little guy tonight I'll be saying a prayer for Max and thanking God that I have Nathaniel.  Now all I want to do is leave work and go home and hug Nathaniel so tight.  I am so blessed to have my little guy home with me and waking me up every night.

Re: All put into perspective...

• I was sobbing on her update also. I check it everyday wishing that things would get better and he would be home for good thriving as he should. Beth and her DH are in my thoughts and prayers constantly...I am not sure how they hold up sometimes. So strong!! And like you I feel like a POS when I complain sometimes.

I just wish I could take all their pain away and make Max 100% healed.

• After reading her update, I'm sobbing too.  Those situations really make you think about what is important in life.  When Brandon was admitted to the RCNIC, dh and I were scared to death about our "bubbies."  We kept being told that he would be fine, but when they hook up your tiny newborn to even just machines to monitor his vitals (let alone all of the other scary ones), put an IV in his arm (or sometimes scalp), and they admit him to the hospital, it brings out all of the worry and tears and fears you can imagine.  And then you think about all of the newborns and other kids that are much sicker than yours and you can't even imagine what they must be going through.  But it also brings out your faith and your love for people.  It reminds you that a little dent here, a scratch on the furniture there, your trash not being picked up on the day it was supposed to be, not having time to clean that room, or burning dinner really isn't a huge deal.  Count your blessings and cherish your relationships with people... especially those you love.  That's what matters. 

I pray that Max, Beth and her dh get through this obstacle and can move on to much smaller ones.  I feel so blessed to be safe at home, playing and taking care of my son, and enjoying life with dh and I wish they could do the same. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for this post, I was really in need of some perspective. Today was my first day home alone with both kids, and it's been rough. I'm physically and mentally exhausted and was almost in tears wondering how I will do this for the next 8 weeks.

BUT - what I'm going through is NOTHING compared to what Beth, Tim, and so many other families are enduring. I know there are many people who would give anything to be home with their two healthy kids, and I have no reason whatsoever to complain or whine about my situation. I really needed this reminder.

• I too am sitting here in tears over Beth's thoughts and the letter to Max.  He is such a fighter and has pulled through so much adversity.  I am in awe and admiration of Beth and Tim and continue to keep them all in my prayers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"