Cincinnati Babies

Update on Max

Oh ladies- what I wouldn't do without all of your prayers and well wishes. 

He was very fussy when I got there, but they had just given him morphine and verced so that they could give him a PICC line.  After three x-rays they finally got it in and set. 

Max's surgery went very well.  The catheter is unfortunately very noticiable considering it comes out behind his right ear and sticks up towards the top of his head. It's not attractive at all, but the surgeon couldn't tunnel it the way that he wasnted because it kept getting kinked in his little neck.  We were very fortunate to have everything else somewhere that his clothes would hide so that we wouldn't have to explain to all of the nosey strangers.  Oh well, if this works I don't care where they have the catheter.  I will explain it 150 times as long as it works.  As far as the hemo dialysis goes, the nephrologist is very confident that this is going to work.  I actually made him promise to me that it was going to work and surprisingly enough, he did.  The plan is to have him on this for about 2 months to give his little body time to heal and recover.  They will then reasses him and see if they want to retry the peritoneal dialysis or stick with the hemo.  I am praying so very hard that this works and that we don't have to go back to something that he didn't tolerate in the first place. 

I never thought I would say this, but I cannot wait for him to have his kidney transplant.  I am beyond ready for all of this to be over and to go on a VERY long vacation that is far, far away from here.  I will keep you all updated!

Thank you!

Re: Update on Max

• I am so glad to hear the surgery went well.  Thank you so much for taking the time to keep all of us updated.  You guys will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.  Max is an amazing fighter!
  • Oh Beth, I am so glad you guys finally got some good news.  I would not give nosey strangers a second thought.  You are so strong with all that you have gone through to get your little boy healthy.  I don't know how you do it, but I have faith that God chose you and your DH to raise little Max because He knew you have the resolve and the strength to get through this with him. I am amazed by your positive attitude with every post in your blog.

I will keep him at the top of my prayer list.  I hope a perfect kidney becomes available at the perfect time so your lives will be less complicated.  I have seen so many people blessed with the gift of an organ donation that do so very well.  I cannot wait to see the post from you that says Max is home with you both for good!  You deserve some peace and good health for your son more than anyone I know.  Many prayers and hugs for your family.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so glad you posted this.  Kate and I said a special prayer for Max and his surgeons tonight and will continue to pray for your family every day!  I read your update my husband tonight during trick or treat.  You deserve all the blessings in the world and I can't wait until you can have Max and home and go trick or treating with him! 

You are so strong and are truly an inspiration!  You deserve a long vacation with your family, including your son!  That daily will come and it will be oh so sweet!

I am so glad everything went well! 

• I am glad the surgery went well and that Max is doing better.  Prayers are continuing to come your way!  We think about you all everyday!  Take care of yourselves!  Please let us know if you need anything!!
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• I'm so glad the surgery went well. I can't wait until you post that Max is back home with you again! We're praying for you guys.
  • Awww, Beth, you are so strong!  I am praying every day for little Max!! 
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • AwwBeth..Thank you so much for your updates. I hope you do find comfort in knowing so many of us think of you guys everyday and are rooting for you through all of this.

Just think, next year you will have Max at your house, dressed at spiderman or a monkey or whatever he wanted to be, with piles and piles of candy around him and all of this will be a thing of the past. Things will get better, you are a wonderful mom and you all will get through this.Keep your head up.

Big Hugs~~

• We sincerely care about you guys and pray so hard every day!  I am so glad to hear that you finally got a bit of good news.  He is such a fighter.
    ~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Poor little guy! God bless you and your family. I hope you get good news soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so glad to hear that the surgery went well.  You are so amazingly strong.  Thank you so much for taking the time to keep us posted. We are always thinking about you & praying for you.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Yea! for everything going well.

Yes
  • Beth - I just read the last few updates on your blog.  You are such an incredible mother and wife.  You and Tim are doing a fantastic job being parents to Mighty Max!!  I pray that the hemodialysis goes well and Max continues to progress in the right direction.  Hang in there.  It will all be so worth it when you have your little boy back home!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"