Success after IF

What age are m&m's okay?

I mean strictly based on their chance of being a choking hazard. I got some as an afterthought to possibly put in James's Easter basket (he's 26 months), but I'm not sure if they're safe. He's never had them before. I'm super paranoid about choking, so I apologize if this is a lame question.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What age are m&m's okay?

• They are probably fine but I'm paranoid about choking too so I'd be nervous as well..that's why the boys aren't getting any candy-amongother reasons!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've let Toodle have them and he's only 22 months (and this was a couple months ago. I think they are too small for a choking hazard - plenty of pills are at least that big or bigger. Plus, he is very good about chewing almost everything that goes in his mouth.
    *** It's funny because I'm fat ***
  • Loading the player...
  • Isabel has had them before and did fine. I have started using the mini ones to help with speech (bribe).  Not a lame question. Isabel recently wanted some raisins, I was worried about it (even though she is 2 1/2), it went well too!
    For DD - IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP / For DS - dIUI #1 - BFP Dx:severe MFI-Y Chromosome Microdeletion Isabel born 10-15-08! / Baby Boy EDD July 2013 imageLily  pie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I've given the mini ones before.  I even gave one with a peanut, but should not have.  I am paranoid about choking too and DD had a choking incident this weekend and then right afterwards a friend of ours child who is 7 choked on some stuff.
  • Jacob probably had them for the first time when he was 15 months old. Embarrassed  But he only has them about once a month or so.  He does just fine with chewing them.  He calls them "M & M & M & Ms"  I give him about 10 of them as dessert and he's happy.
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks, everyone! I might try to find some minis-- I forgot they made those-- and try those first.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Honestly I think they would melt before anything bad happened if someone started choking.
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  •   He was ok, but choked on a taco shell and he is 7!!!  We had just talked about choking on a chip - apparently when he was 4 and then he did that.  Totally freaked me out.

• My kids had mini M&M's and regular M&M's for potty training at 19 months.

My vote is "safe."

If in doubt how about trying the mini's? 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • After my campaign for Mom of the Year in admitting that we do Easter candy, I'll go for gold.  DD can tear up some M&M's:)  She's been good since at the oldest of 18 months.  I mean not the peanut kind until now, but regular?  fine
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLuckySunshineBaby:
    After my campaign for Mom of the Year in admitting that we do Easter candy, I'll go for gold.  DD can tear up some M&M's:)  She's been good since at the oldest of 18 months.  I mean not the peanut kind until now, but regular?  fine

I got you beat Embarrassed...we have been giving them since his 1st birthday. We usually use the mini's but they can be hard to find. We also give LO Reese's pieces and he does just fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"