Cincinnati Babies
Options

Coming Home Outfit Poll

What did you bring DC home from the hospital in?  Did you use this outfit for their hospital photo or have another outfit for that?  What size did you buy?

I know it's stupid but I'm really struggling with this.  DH picked out a dress he wants her to wear but it's going to be November and cold.  He said he just wants her to have a special dress for her first picture.  We're also debating between NB and 0-3 months.

imageimage
Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Coming Home Outfit Poll

• Options

I'd say definitely NB size. Even though it says NB fits up to 8 lbs, most babies are in NB clothes for at least a week, unless they are huge at birth.

We got a fabulous coming-home outfit and she never wore it. She was too small and it was too cold for a dress! We had a separate outfit for hospital photos. They took hospital photos on Sunday and we didn't go home until Monday.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We had Ayden's picture taken in his coming home outfit. We bought 0-3 months and it was huge on him, even though he was a big/long baby. I will also say even though Ayden was big and long he wore NB diapers for 3 1/2 weeks and NB clothes for 2 1/2 weeks. It also depends on who makes it b/c the sizes run different. You could always get her a pretty dress to wear for her picture and then something else more practical for coming home in. Once the picture is taken you'll more than likely take her out of the outfit anyways. But you are right it will be November and it will be cold. Good Luck with your decision!! It is just an outfit, but I didn't realize how hard it really was to pick something really special out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ellie's coming home outfit was a cute little sleeper. I wanted something comfy and warm. I'll try to PIP.

Ellie was big (9 lbs., 3 oz.), but her sleeper was NB and it was fine. Babies are still all scrunchy when they're first born. I think she fit in that sleeper for about the first two weeks.

• Options

For her picture, we used a sleeper (0-3months from TCP).  We had picked out a seperate coming home outfit that wasn't weather appropriate and since it was snowing the day we brought her home, we had to use the Valentine's Day outfit I purchased in case she came early (she was born 2/20).  The outfit was 0-3 months (TCP again) and was HUGE.  Unless you know you are going to be having a really big baby, I would recommend newborn.  image

• Options
    BTW, we also had a separate outfit for the hospital photos. They were taken Monday, we came home on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Our outfits were different.  We had a pictures outfit and a coming home outfit.  We used 0-3mth outfits.  They were a little big on him but we found them in that size that we liked.  We were also cautioned not to buy a lot of NB stuff so we knew he could wear the outfits again.  We did take a few NB sleepers for him to sleep in while at the hospital.  Good luck in what you decide.
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• Options

We bought a newborn-size coming home outfit.  I initially bought it in 0-3 months, but the size difference was amazing.  Justin was 7 lbs 13 oz when he was born, close to 8 lbs., but the newborn size was even a little big on him.  I wouldn't go with a 0-3 unless you want Allie to swim in it.

We had two different outfits for the pictures vs. coming home.  I never really gave that a lot of thought.  I picked out something really special for coming home and never gave a thought to the photos beforehand.  Now that seems like kind of backwards thinking since so many more people saw the hospital photo and not the coming home outfit, but oh well!  I did like the outfit he wore for his picture, but I just didn't spend the time on that like I did on the coming home one.

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options
    Kat wore a little pink gown for her hospital picture, size NB and it was huge!  She wasn't super tiny either, 7 lbs 1 oz.   It is funny b/c in the pictures her sleeves are rolled up.  She came home in a cozy pair of fleece pants and a hoodie.  She was born on January 11th, so we just wanted her to be warm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No kids yet, so I have no input. I can't believe your due date is so close! It seems like yesterday you announced your BFP!
  • Options
    We bought a little Carter's bear snow suit thing to bring her home in. ?I haven't even thought about doing a special outfit for her newborn pics, do they usually let you do that or is it just in hospital garb??
  • Options
    We brought a few outfits with us to decide once we were there for pictures and coming home! :-)  You can put them in whatever you want...even if you want to use your own t-shirts you can, but they have plenty there. All the outfits were 0-3 months and ended up being too big!  I wish I would have had more NB stuff....My DD was 6lbs 7oz when she was born.
  • Options
    We wanted to use the same outfit for both, but even the NB was HANGING off of him... and he was 8lb. 1.5 oz., so it isn't like he was a premie.  We ended up having to do photos at the hospital of him just in a diaper, because the clothing looked rediculously large on him.  I would recommend that you do a one piece sleeper or something else nice and warm for going home, because even if you think you have everything under control undoubtably that first time it will take a while to get the car seat in and to get you in and get everything ready and the doors all shut and by that time the car will be cold, etc.  :)  Just my 2 cents, but I would recommend doing one for photos that is newborn and a seperate one (probably still newborn) for the car ride home.
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks ladies!  I think I'm going to do a NB dress for her pictures.  That way I can just put her in it for the pics and not have to worry about tights and all that (how annoying with a newborn) because they don't show her legs anyway.

I think I'll use the fleece outfit we bought for the car ride home so she'll be nice and warm and comfy.  I'll have to check the size on that one though.

imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We took a cute NB and a 0-3 month outfit with us for pictures and coming home.  We ended up using the NB outfit.  When DS was born, I had a fleece outfit for him, and I still have it packed away in the hope chest.

Here is Brenna's outfit:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I took two really cute outfits from Baby Gap. One was a little dress and the other was a rainbow hooded velour one piece. Both where size 0-7lbs, my thought was my sister had her son at 8lbs 13oz and he worn a NB size that was pretty big on him.

The night of her pics(they were going to take them at midnight?) We put that Gap dress on her and it was HUGE I was shocked. Rylee was 5lbs7oz at birth and I couldn't believe that this 0-7lb outfit was that huge on her. My mom ended up going to wal-mart the next day and bought her a preemie dress and a preemie outfit for her take home, not so cute.

Rylee lost a lot of weight when we left the hospital and didn't fit into either of those outfits until she was 5.5months!! Even now at almost 10months she is wearing 0-3 onesies and dressed in Baby Gap.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"