3rd Trimester

Pampers New Baby vs. Swaddlers Sensitive Newborn?

I am about to buy my first stock of diapers and what is the difference between Pampers New Baby and Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive Newborn?  I was an extreme sensitive skin baby when I was born so I'm leaning toward Swaddlers Sensitive, unless they are pretty much the same.  Anyone know?  Thanks!Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pampers New Baby vs. Swaddlers Sensitive Newborn?

• I have sensitive skin and my DS even has more sensitive skin and he was fine with the regular swaddlers. He was allergic to the cruisers though for some reason so we switched to Luvs and those are great.
  • I think the non-sensitive swaddlers use the DryMax technology, which is controversial -- there are reports of DryMax causing chemical burns on babies, although Pampers has attributed those allegations to diaper rash. You can google it to learn more.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • i recently emailed pampers asking about their products with dry max. below is the response they sent to me. hth!  Thanks for contacting PampersOur Dry Max design is not in the following diapers:Swaddlers Sensitive Sizes Newborn-2Baby Dry Sizes Newborn-6Extra Protection Sizes 3-6Cruisers Size 7UnderJams Size S/m and L/XLEasy Ups Size 4-6Splashers Sizes 3/4-6Also, our sister company Luvs does not use the Dry Max design in any of their diapers.Hope this information was helpful.AlexPampers Team
  • imagemari_gold:

I think the non-sensitive swaddlers use the DryMax technology, which is controversial -- there are reports of DryMax causing chemical burns on babies, although Pampers has attributed those allegations to diaper rash. You can google it to learn more.

My DD has continued to be in pampers with drymax and has no issues and never gets a diaper rash that doesn't go away with one night of desitin or butt paste. If you are prone to skin issues, go ahead with the sensitive diapers.
  • We use baby dry. I put dd#1 in the new drymax and after 3 hrs she had a chemical burn so bad that it took two weeks and two different RX to clear it. I will NEVER again put a baby in dry max. my DD had just turned 2 and she cried and said "it hurts" everytime I had to change her. I felt so bad for her.

• We used Pampers Swaddlers Sensitive when our son was a newborn (now we use cloth diapers).  Everyone in our family has sensitive skin so we were worried about diaper choice as well, but like a pp mentioned, even regular Pampers Swaddlers did not bother him.  I also loved the little blue line that showed up when the diaper was wet-- both reassuring and useful in those early days!
  • K was already in Cruisers by the time that the Dry Max ones were introduced and even though she has super sensitive skin, we haven't had any problems. That being said, I'm not taking any chances with the new guy, so all the diapers I've bought are either Huggies or Swaddlers Sensitive Skin. I'm way too paranoid about possibly inflicting any type of pain on a newborn that can be avoided by just spending a little bit more on diapers that definitely won't cause the problems in question.

May 2011 Siggy Challenge
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"