Infertility
Options

Anyone else with a septum?

I am new to the bump and I am looking to see if anyone else has/had the same issues I have.

In March of this year I had to have an outpatient surgery for what is called a vaginal septum.  It's like the septum in your nose, but this one is not suppose to be there.  It ran from the top of my uterus to the vaginal opening in essence I have 2 tubes, 2 uteri, and 2 cervixes. The surgery in March was to remove the septum from the vaginal opening up as far as they could without having to operate invasively.  The surgery went fine and I am all healed, but my chances of miscarriage are greater as are preterm labor and breach babies.  I was just looking to see if anyone else on here has had the same type of situation.

DH and I are waiting to start TTC until after he graduates college in December of this year, but I wanted to start getting my ducks in a row first!

Thanks for any and all help!!!

Re: Anyone else with a septum?

• Options
    I had surgery to correct my?uterine?septum in April, although it doesn't sound like mine was large as yours. It only went about 1/2 down the uterus, and I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant after our second IUI. Good luck to you and your DH as you start your TTC journey.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That makes me feel better!!  Congrats to you! Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also had surgery (mine was in August) to correct my septum.  Mine was like the PP and only extended part way into my uterus.  We are now on our second round of Clomid with the RE.  We will see how it goes!  My doctor does not seem concerned that there will be a problem.  Let's hope he is right!
  • Options
    I am so glad to see that there are other girls on this board with  a septum. I have not had my surger yet, but this information is very helpful.
  • Options

I'm glad too!  When I first found out that I had a septum I thought I was a complete freak of nature and was the only one!  I can tell you that the surgery freaked me out before I had it and I thought it was going to hurt like hell, but it was not very painful and the recovery was alot quicker than I thought!  Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"