Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Weird question...baptism?

So, DH and I were both baptized when we were babies. We have been talking lately and I don't think we're going to baptize our LO. We don't go to church or even belong to a church where we live. I want honest opinions on if you think this is the wrong thing to do? Should we get DS baptized? I feel sort of guilty not doing it, but we just aren't religious people...thoughts?

Re: Weird question...baptism?

• DH and I are both baptized and we try going to church, but I can't seem to find one I like up where we live. That being said though, if I told either set up parents that we weren't baptizing I think they would freak out and disown us! So, while it is your personal decision, how would your family react?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it's totally up to you & depends on your religious beliefs.  If it's a part of your faith then do it - but you shouldn't feel guilty about it.  Even if you don't go to church regularly you can still have your LO baptized.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This is why we are not baptizing our lo.  we dont go to church we are not religious we dont see why we should.

1ht

• I practice my religion, so we baptize our children, but if it's not something you really care about or believe in, I wouldn't do it just to do it, ya know?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTreatsMcGee:
    So, DH and I were both baptized when we were babies. We have been talking lately and I don't think we're going to baptize our LO. We don't go to church or even belong to a church where we live. I want honest opinions on if you think this is the wrong thing to do? Should we get DS baptized? I feel sort of guilty not doing it, but we just aren't religious people...thoughts?

This for us, but we are still going to baptize our DS.  I would be fine not baptizing our DS, but DH really wants to. I think its your choice though. My sister is not baptizing her DS for the same reasons.

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We're not baptizing. We're not religious either, and neither of us were baptized. No need to feel guilty. Don't do something just becaus eyou feel pressured/guilty. If that's why you're choosing to do it, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons. You LO will be 100% fine and can have a wonderful life without being baptized.
    image image image
  • imagekdodge423:

Part of the baptism involves parents agreeing to raise their child in the faith of the church it is being done in. Doesn't sound like you can agree to that, so no.

This.

Why would you baptize a baby if it doesn't mean anything to you?

• I would say that since you don't plan on the church being a part of your/LO's life, it is not a big deal if you do not baptize your LO.  I think it would be a bigger deal if you chose to baptize your LO since you don't plan on having the church in LO's life.
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"