Parenting

A dessert that is both gluten AND dairy free?

Re: A dessert that is both gluten AND dairy free?

• https://www.speedbumpkitchen.com 

We cook from this blog constantly. She has a section that is also gluten free (everything is dairy free)

{Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}
  • I love banana boats.  If you can't find dairy free chocolate chips, you can use peanut butter chips

I also like Ambrosia.  

• Loading the player...
  • I know my mom has an apple crisp recipe that's dairy free and she has subbed rice flour for a friend with celiacs. Not positive all it includes, but I know the top of the crisp is made with oatmeal and is really yummy :) Subbing rice flour worked beautifully!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • meringues...I always add dark choc, but you could always add carob chips (I think they're GF and DF).  I also buy the GF brownie mix in the brown bag and it's delish!!

• Carob dipped fruit?
  • imagepenguingrrl:
    I know my mom has an apple crisp recipe that's dairy free and she has subbed rice flour for a friend with celiacs. Not positive all it includes, but I know the top of the crisp is made with oatmeal and is really yummy :) Subbing rice flour worked beautifully!

I didn't think oatmeal was gluten free. My MIL has celiac disease and doesn't eat it. This is what I got from a quick google search. Apparently oats are gluten free but are at high risk of cross contamination.

I've made gluten free cookies and cakes from box mixes in the grocery store natural foods section. I wonder if you could substitute something for the milk.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • imageAngela814:

imagepenguingrrl:
    I know my mom has an apple crisp recipe that's dairy free and she has subbed rice flour for a friend with celiacs. Not positive all it includes, but I know the top of the crisp is made with oatmeal and is really yummy :) Subbing rice flour worked beautifully!

I didn't think oatmeal was gluten free. My MIL has celiac disease and doesn't eat it. This is what I got from a quick google search. Apparently oats are gluten free but are at high risk of cross contamination.

I've made gluten free cookies and cakes from box mixes in the grocery store natural foods section. I wonder if you could substitute something for the milk.

could you use soy milk or almond milk? I often cook with soy milk to keep things kosher.
  • I made chocolate macaroons today (with DF chocolate chips, you'd have to check and see if they are GF too). they're just shredded coconut, sugar, egg white, sugar and chocolate chips baked for 15 mins.  They are delish!
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"