Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

PNV = Gas?

Hi Ladies,

I have recently stopped taking my Womens One A day and started my prenatal vitamins. I take them before I go to bed with something small to eat or a glass of milk. I have noticed that since Ive started them I wake up with my stomach hurting and I am bloated and gassy. Has anyone else experienced this??? I am just curious as to whether this is something common for PNV's, if I should continue taking them or try another kind.

Re: PNV = Gas?

• Options
    The ones I take are Centrum Materna and I have never had that kind of side effect.  Maybe one of the filler ingredients is not agreeing with your stomach?
  • Options

My PNV made my stomach queasy

I take them on a full stomach and drink water afterwards--usually take them with or right after breakfast and I've been fine!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine make me nauseated to the point I have to have a full meal and then a bite of something after I take them.  Not only that (I know this is so gross) but they make me burp a lot and it was like I had just eaten sushi.  I just couldn't figure out why and the other day it hit me that the one pill I take is DHA which has fish oil or is from fish oil or something.  I take the one a day kind-
    sig-1
  • Options
    I take mine w/breakfast (in the middle of eating) so there's lots of food to help it along. Some vitamins have made me queasy in the past, so that's why I do this. I'd try taking it during the day at the very least. Something about taking it right before bed makes me think it may not sit well, either. Just some thoughts though...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hmm, I've been taking pre-natals by Pure Essence Labs and have not experienced any negative side effects.
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    I switched to New Chapter Organics Perfect Prenatal (I buy them at Whole Foods, but I think they're also at GNC) about 8 months ago, and even though they're pricier than my old PNVs, I'd never go back.  The best part is that they're made from whole organic foods, so you're not getting any unnecessary filler junk. I never get queasy (and I can take them on an empty stomach if necessary), I don't think they give me gas either... consider changing up your brand?
    TTC #1 2+ Years with Unexplained IF
    1st & Only BFP: 1st IVF w/ ICSI, 3dt of 2 7-cell, grade 2 embryos on 8/25/12
    Beta #1 9/5: 87.2 BFP! - Beta #2 9/7: 248 - 1st US @ 6w3d Two Heartbeats! - MoDi Girls!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"