Illinois Babies

:: Chicago Weekly Check In ::

Welcome to this week's Chicago Bump Check-in! 

Big thank you to SouthSideDrea for posting for the last 2 weeks (and Congrats on the birth of your sweet baby boy!!)

If you want to be added to the check-in, please respond to this post and let me know what brings you to the bump (Do you have a DC? DD or DS? Date of DC's birthday? Are you pregnant (how far along) or TTC?), whether you live in the city or burbs (give me a direction: N, NW, W, SW, S).

Also, pregnant ladies: keep me updated if you move from team green to pink or blue! And let us know when your LOs arrive! We have a due date that passed and some coming up soon! :)

And finally, some shout outs, hugs, etc.:

Lots of Congratulations to go around this week!!! Lots and lots of babies, woo hoo!! I hope you are all doing well and recovering from L&D and sleeping when you can!

Also, it looks like a lot of you will be finding out which team you'll be joining soon, should you choose to not be Team Green!

Looks like we have a few due dates coming up really soon!! Any signs of labor starting, ladies?

Chicago Moms

ChiCubsGirl, DS born 12/14/10 + DD born 6/23/09, Naperville
Madison830, DS born 12/13/10, W suburbs
eileen12183, DD born 12/4/10, Chicago
Sara714, DS born 11/11/10, Evanston
ChiTown Bridget, DS born 11/6/10, N suburbs
Amanda78, DD born 11/5/10, Lincoln Square
KristenC25, DS born 10/18/10, Albany Park
Lisa602, DD born 10/12/10, South Loop
chelle2506, DS born 10/10/10, W suburbs
Mollymay39, DD and DS born 9/23/10 + DD born 7/20/08, suburbs
alduarte, DS born 9/2/10, Bucktown/Wicker Park
Soon 2 B Mrs. Wells, DS born 7/26/10 + 5 year old DS + 14 year old DD, Westside
weebs1818, DD born 7/23/10, South Loop
kimberlyd546, DS born 7/20/10, Tinley Park
kme930, DS born 6/22/10, Lincoln Park
ladychicago, DD born 6/3/10, Streeterville/Gold Coast
BeckyKozi, DD born 11/22/06 + DD born 2/10/05, SW suburbs (is that right now? :) )
NathsPrncss, DD born 2/6/10, Hanover Park
TMDMJAOCT07, DD born 2/5/10, NW suburbs
Jordanandnumber2, DD born 2/5/10 + DD born 2/12/01, N suburbs
ReniaB, DS born 1/11/10, NW suburbs
LSzwaya, DS born 12/31/09, Northwestside
CTJourney, DS born 10/23/09, SW suburbs
nmr79, DD born 10/9/09, Winnetka (did I get that right?)
briderx, DS born 9/24/09, Southside (did I get that right?)
egsquared, DD born 8/14/09, Lakeview
calex33, DD born 7/16/09, N/NW suburbs
pharmacygirl, DS born 6/26/09 + DS born 9/22/07, W suburbs
DTNZ4Ever, DS born 3/24/09, NW suburbs
mrs.lizzieb, DS born 2/26/09, + lo due 10/28/11 Roscoe Village
kelbrian, DD born 7/6/08, Logan Square
KChicago, DD born 8/12/06, Lakeview
ScarlettBlue, 11.5 year old DS
Joelen&Louis, DS born 5/8/10, Irving Park
MrsD627, DS born 7/5/10, Western suburbs
magdalenamtz, DDborn 2/11/11, Bridgeport
lelekay, DS born 7/22/10, North suburbs
hijoi, DS born 6/28/09, Oak Lawn
laura3462, DS born 9/11/10, Lincoln Square
CareBear0607, DD born 6/6/08; DS born 11/6/10, Western burbs
KatieKat1182, SDD born 7/27/11; DD born5/1/07, Lake in the Hills
orienae, DD 5/22/10, Andersonville
schmoodle, DS 06/2009, + DD on the way due 7/9/11, suburbs
laura&ry, DD born 3/2/11, South loop
SouthSideDrea, DS born 4/6/11, Southside
canrenell, DD born 4/1/11, Westside
KimPatten, DD born 3/24/11, Wicker Park
MrsPArmyWifey, DS born 11/4/10, Brookfield

Pregnant
ScarlettBlue, DD due 1/12/11, Riverside
MrsDrCook, LO due 2/14/11, Lakeview
MsJosie, DD due 3/24/11, Huntley
BBColt78, LO due 4/5/11
Soutcalex33, LO due 4/16/11, N/NW suburbs
aprilandshane, LO due 4/16/11, N suburbs
chubchub, LO due 4/20/11, River North
mmks, LO due 4/21/11, Wrigleyville
mrambo3, DS due 4/24/11, SW suburbs
luvnlfe, DS due 5/4/11, River North
SarahK06, DS due 5/8/11, Wheaton
MISnJER80, DD due 5/11/11
SarahP15, LO due 6/6/11, Schaumburg
christelrn, DS due 6/8/11, Streeterville/Goldcoast
Koukla26, DS due 6/9/11, Naperville
lady3057, DS due 6/19/11, Edgebrook
celiabeth, DD! due 6/19/11, South Loop
LaSraOrtega, DS due 6/20/11, Buffalo Grove
Nurse Lisa, LO due 6/24/11, Edison Park
Pockety, LO due 6/27/11, Gold Coast
Chris&Jillshow, LO due 7/1/11, North Center
pp709, LO due 7/3/11, Algonquin
ylopez87, LO due 7/4/11, Bridgeport
loiskoo, DD due 7/7/11, NW suburbs
ShyVi826, LO due 7/8/11, NW suburbs
mcericola12, LO due 7/10/11, Streamwood
Jesusita2002, DS due 7/12/11,
MamaC2b2011, DD due 7/21/11, Bartlett
kaugie, LO due 8/3/11, Ravenswood
KChicago, LO due 8/12/11, Lakeview
jillianc, LO due 8/19/11 (did I get that right?)
Klat, LO due 8/20/11, Lakeview
BeckyKozi, LO due 8/21/11, SW suburbs
ElectoRed, DS due 8/15/11, Southside
alubins, LO due 8/12/11, Homer Glen
ealong, LO due 8/25/11, Rogers Park
Themetastic, LO due 8/31/11, Hanover Park
CortneyK09, LO due 9/1/11, Lincoln Park
gkb0910, LO due 9/2/11, Schaumburg
Jenyfur99, LO due 9/6/11 (did I get that right? you didn't note your stats in your response, but I tried to figure it out!)
seggie70, LO due 9/10/11, Roscoe Village
Lauren5482, LO due 9/13/11, SW suburbs
chigirl0330, LO due 9/19/11, Lincoln Park
saretops, LO due 9/28/11, Arlington Heights 
Mizrunzou, LO due 10/3/11, Bucktown
Mandy747, LO due 10/7/11, Lincoln Park
boobearmama, LO due 11/11/11, Old Town
PV0105, LO due 12/6/11,  Northside
Jen98jib, LO due 12/14/11, Lincoln Square

TTC

smsakai, Lincoln Square

mrskimm09, south suburbs

QOTW :

Did you get outside to enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend? If you did, what did you do? 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: :: Chicago Weekly Check In ::

• my husband and i took little lucy to a park in oak park yesterday.  she slept the entire time!  but the man and i had fun just chatting and taking pictures of our beautiful girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello Ladies!  I haven't been on this board in awhile, but I'm back!

QOTW :

Did you get outside to enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend? If you did, what did you do? Yes!  Saturday we strolled around our area (wicker park/bucktown) for about 3 hours - got some coffee and yogurt, did some shopping and admired all of the single family homes  :)

Sunday we went to the lakefront and did a little jogging/walking and relaxing by the lake.  It was great!!  My calves were sore yesterday!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSouthSideDrea:

Yay! I had my son last week on Wednesday!

QOTW:  I briefly got out to the back yard on Sunday? Maybe it was Sunday... I sat on the patio while Hen snoozed in his carseat for a bit.  

Here is a link to my birth story if anyone is considering delivering at U of C and is interested- most everyone was great, but it wasn't the experience I was hoping for.  However- the doctors and nurses pp were amazing!

https://www.themaidenmetallurgist.com/2011/04/11/henrys-birth-story/

I LOVE that you are questioning which day you got outside! Total flash backs to the "did I brush my teeth today" moments. Ahhh.  It gets better, I promise! And, you'll look back and wonder how the heck you functioned that tired. Congrats again, hes a total sweetie!

• We took Abbie out for her first bike ride in the bike trailer, and she loved it! Total success (though my butt is still a little sore! I hadn't adjusted my seat after I had her and apparently my 'parts' didn't return to their previous state all the way, ha! the joys) and there were lots of walks in this beautiful weather. I love, love, love spring.

In other exciting news, I'm the momma of a walker!!!! She had been taking a few unassisted steps here and there, and over the weekend she started to take a few more (about 6 or 7) and as of yesterday, its like she forgot how to crawl and is walking all over the place.  Though, she's not real confident outside yet, and is big into holding onto a finger, which is 100% fine by me!

• QOTW: We were in Dallas over the weekend, a trip I had planned a few weeks back after I desperately wanted to escape what felt like the longest winter ever in Chicago.  And then it ends up being 80's here, go figure!  We had a great time though, and DS was so excited to go for a ride on a golf cart.  He even learned to say "gof car."  It was very cute. 

I flew home alone with him on Monday, my first time flying alone with DS, and I'm not sure what I was thinking doing that!  I was THAT mom on the plane, the one with a hysterical inconsolable toddler for the duration of the flight.  DS has always been an amazing little traveler, I knew my luck would run out on me someday and yesterday was that time.  Oh well, did the best I could and we survived the day, though I collapsed from exhaustion by the time I walked in the door. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We were out on sunday.  We went to visit a friend of mine in Romeoville.  It was nice to get out :)  I hope the weather continues to be nice...even if it's only on the weekends!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We went house-hunting this past weekend!  The weather was so beautiful, and it was great to be able to walk around the neighborhoods and check out prospective homes. 
  • we just went out for walks and one gelato run seeing it was so nice out.  I sure miss it now. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ........ born 11/16/11 at 36 weeks weighing 3 lbs, 6 oz
  • Yes. We all went for a long walk, did some yard work and then bbq'd. Too bad we can't have that same gorgeous weather this weekend!
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The hubby and I cleaned up the backyard, planted some grass seed, rode our bikes, had a BBQ at a friends house and walked down the street to the ice cream shop! Sooo ready for summer!
  • Congrats SouthSideDrea!!

QOTW: We got back from vacation on Saturday to lovely weather. On Sunday, I decided to go ahead and run the Shamrock Shuffle (wasn't sure if I would be up for it after a long flight the day before!) and I convinced DH to come pick me up so we could all go to breakfast together.

Then someone blew off a red light and ran into our car at 40mph.

That sucked. 

But we are all totally 100% fine. Our car is almost, but not quite, totaled. Thank goodness for that car and for the fact that she hit our front wheel instead of t-boning us. 

So we spent a lot of the beautiful day on Sunday hanging out at Ontario and Franklin, dealing with the police, tow trucks, insurance and other fun stuff. Boo. ;)

• Saturday we had our friends over and their two kids.  We sat outside until about 9pm and it was absolutely amazing.  I live for nights like that!

Sunday we had Easter at my grandma's house.  Since i'm due on Easter, my family wanted to do it early.  We had an Easter egg hunt for my niece and nephew.  They were super cute!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats SouthSideDrea!

Glad you guys are all okay, KME930!

QOTW: Saturday was dedicated to nurturing my nesting instincts so it was nice to open all the doors and windows and air out the house. Sunday we were running all kinds of errands so we enjoyed driving with the windows down and not wearing jackets.

BabyFruit Ticker

• QOTW :

Did you get outside to enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend? If you did, what did you do? 

Sat: We had dinner out, took a drive and walked about
    Sun: We hit up the park, did some shopping and went to a BBQ bday party

I can't wait until summer comes! Yes

• Hey there. You can move my name to the pregnant list.

My EDD is 12/27/11 South Suburbs

** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • On Saturday I had lunch with my girlfriends and then played outside with DS. He loves using sidewalk chalk and using his Cozy Coupe. We played outside on Sunday too. DS loved being outside and even slept in on Sunday and Monday since he was outside for 3 hours each day.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a bit late since by the question this was obviously about LAST weekend, but we did get to enjoy it. Saturday we played outside on the new swingset (I sat and watched) and Sunday we went to Morton Arboretum (DH had to push me in a wheelchair since my OB had told me to stay off my feet - and good thing since I found out Monday I had signs of PTL and was put on couchrest...

So, I guess I have signs of labor, but it's 2.5 months early so not good!

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"