Illinois Babies

XP: Moving Company Recs?

Hi All,

I also posted this on the Chicago nesties board- but figured I'd check here too (new here- hi!)

I'm looking for a reliable, credible mover to move us from Chicago (lake view) to NW suburbs.  I've gotten quotes from a few of the top rated companies on Yelp, but they are really expensive, and just wondering if there's any other companies out there that are good that won't cost a fortune to move our stuff. 

TIA!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: XP: Moving Company Recs?

• What about two men and a truck? I know people that have used them and have heard that their prices are pretty reasonable.

After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We used Dibble Moving and Storage: https://www.dibblemoving.com/ twice this year.  They moved us into a temporary residence, then into our house.  Both times they completed the work well under their estimate.  We requested the same movers for our second move: Mike T, Byron and Miguel.  They were nice but didn't spend time chatting. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • spending anything these days is too much IMO, heh, but we've had The Professionals move us twice so far and they are worth every single friggin penny and then some.
    click the pic (blog)
  • Roy the Mover.

We moved from the NW side of the city to the western burbs, had 3 pickup stops and they were done in 5 hours.  Reasonable pricing and SO fast.  I loved it.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Graeble Van Lines, Chet Painter is great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Try the universities/colleges in your area. We always just get a U-Haul and then hire 2-3 college students to do the heavy lifting. Super cheap and we've been lucky that they've always been reliable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"