Baby Showers
Options

Can't make up my mind!

I don't want to find out the sex of the baby, but it has made registering for things very difficult!  I'm trying to do neutral colors for everything but it just seems kind of boring.  I was thinking about registering for a girl bedding set and a boy's one, then after baby is born take one back and have both go with the nursery theme that I pick.  It seems like this should be an easy decision but it's driving me crazy!  Any suggestions on how I should go about this whole registering thing in general!?  THANKS :)

Re: Can't make up my mind!

• Options

I never understood why people didn't want to find out the sex of their LO's...I guess I'm to much of a planner to not know, plus I hate surprises haha.

Why are you choosing to not find out, just curious? :)

• Options
    I would do that.. but another thing to keep in mind is.. you can take back EVERYTHING that you would like to exchange for a certain gender. GL
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just registered and I am not finding out the sex of our baby.  We didn't want to b/c we want that surprise at delivery and I am looking forward to that moment where my DH tells me it's our son/daughter.  I picked Peter Rabbit bedding, it has green,white, blue, pink,  and tan in it.  I also registered for sheets and things in white and green.  I thought about registering for some pink and some blue things, but then I decided I can return any of the white or green things if I want to.  It did make it a little more difficult to find things, but we did well,it just took a little more searching. GL!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Haha, I love surprises and this is one real big surprise so I guess that is why I don't want to know :)
  • Options

Thanks for the advice :)  I will probably stick to neutral and not do pink or blue of anything!  You are right that I can take things back later.  And I won't be confusing people. 

• Options

We aren't finding out what we are having either - good for you, it's hard to do!

I had custom bedding made on Etsy. It's green, orange, blue, and yellow. There were tons of options and I the woman I worked with was great. She customized everything for me!

Everything else we registered for was neutral. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I, personally, would be annoyed if I went on to someone's registry and they had picked two of everything: pink and blue bedding, boys and girls clothes, etc. Sounds kind of greedy to me, even though I'm sure you aren't trying to be that way.

I would just look for neutral items.  There are plenty out there. 

• Options

Honestly from a mom of almost 4, crib sets (while adorable) are a HUGE waste of money! I would invest in a few cute crib sheets and a breathable bumper to match them. Maybe a crib skirt if you really want one, but regular bumpers arent reccomended for SIDS reasons, and once they are past that stage, they dont reccomend them because the babies can climb on them.

Having said that, the crib set section at BRU is my absolute favorite!!!  They are all so cute!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I agree with the PPs - I wouldn't put blue AND pink stuff on the registry.  I would either pick neutral bedding and later choose to return it or not register for specific bedding, but maybe choose some items that you might later return and purchase your own bedding.

For instance, we have purchased used or were given stuff like a Bumbo seat, baby bath, Fisher Price booster seat, play mat, etc.  I didn't have many items to register for, so I included these items anyway and will likely to return them to get diapers/wipes/breastfeeding items or smaller things like toys/pacifiers that I didn't register for.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"