Babies: 3 - 6 Months

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• And one of my own :)

I've been off birth control this month for various reasons.  DH and I had sex right around my O date without using a condom.  If I'm not pregnant this month I kinda, sorta, not really, but I do want to try again next month.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetheprincessPAT:
    imageSaraRuth2:

1.  Sometime I think my DH sucks at parenting.  Granted I'm home with Poptart all day, but come on.  I know you work 16 hour days and I know you're tired, but she doesn't want to sit on your shoulder while you're on the computer

DH does this, too.  Or he puts her in her bouncy seat.  I want to tell him to play with her, do tummy time with her, something, anything else.  But I don't want to complain because I need a break, too.

I wanted to clean the bathroom yesterday and handed P off to DH and he handled it for about 10mins before he asked for help bc she was screaming.  Who helps me when I'm home by myself?  No one.  I try different things until something works.  Make it work!  Where the heck is Tim Gunn?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • The reason I refuse to NIP is because I like having an excuse to have to go home if I'm somewhere I don't want to be.

And along a related line, One of my main reasons for sticking with EBF is that it ensures I can get alone time with DD pretty much whenever I want... "oh, I think she's hungry... better go home to feed her"

and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageeddy321:
    I'm not a parent of a teen, so I have no right to judge, but I do it anyway.  I wish parents would just get with it and take responsibility for their kids.  I have so many students whose parents say things like, "He won't listen, and I don't want him to hate me" or, "I can't do anything about it.  Maybe you can talk to her."  When did parents stop being parents?  Seriously, they're thirteen... you're there to ensure they're brought up right, not to be their friend.

I am a parent of a teen and I am right there with you.  It amazed me when I would have meetings at school with the MDT team (he is on an IEP) and they would say well you are the only parent that would do such and such.  I am his mom, not his friend and he will behave in class and be respectful.  After seeing what some of the kids in his high school are like, I have the utmost respect for teachers.  I could not do it.

• I have another one. I don't know if I want to put any of my stuff back up on Etsy. Seems like everytime I make something, I'm told that I'm "copying" someone else. Well yes, mine probably isn't the only one on there, but I didn't do it because I wanted to copy someone else. I make things that I think are cute or because they're really practical. Most of my stuff I've been making before DD was ever born, I just have friends IRL that buy it and it never makes it on Etsy.
    I made some bibs like the ones from ATB for DS, and already having friends ask me if I can make some. But someone said to me last week "oh, you just took the idea from that Apple Tree girl on Etsy?" Maybe so, but I made them because they keep my drooling kid dry. I didn't do it to steal her thunder. Seems like less of a hassle to hope I do well at all the craft fairs/festivals this fall.
    imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
  • imagefranceshouseman:
    imagesherbetlemon:
    imageMJLab78:

I get annoyed when people tell me that the average age for a kid to STTN is 2 years old.

Even if it's true, I always wonder if it's because there are parents out there who never worked on their kids falling asleep without them (like how you would see on Nanny 911 or SuperNanny).

And thanks to the La Leche LC who answered a bunch of question by just suggesting I co-sleep at night.  Uh, no thanks, not for us. We already made the transition from PNP to his own crib 3 months ago. Not going backwards. *sigh*

I agree with you that the LC sitch is frustrating, but not everyone would view co sleeping as going backwards. Just sayin. 

I agree. I started co-sleeping at 3 weeks because I couldn't function for my 3 year old during the day. I actually enjoy it and just pull my boob out and go back to sleep. It's awesome. Of course, I understand it's not for everyone...

Right not everyone would, and I respect that. But I do because I don't want to start all over again transitioning him to the crib.

I'm sincerely glad it works for both of you! Smile Along with all the modifications that would include getting a new mattress because ours is no way firm enough... I would NOT sleep better.

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• imageneferhathor:
    i let Eli watch South Park. I will stop when he begins to show signs of knowing what's going on, but i'm not ready for Yo Gabba Gabba yet. 

The other day we were watching Family Guy (mature, I know) and J started laughing at it.  I felt a little bad, but not really.  He doesn't get it yet.

Mine: Last night DH went to a concert.  J was in bed by 7:30 and instead of doing housework like I should have, I sat on my arse on the couch all evening.  I don't feel the least bit guilty about it either.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageLukeAndAmanda:
    I have another one. I don't know if I want to put any of my stuff back up on Etsy. Seems like everytime I make something, I'm told that I'm "copying" someone else. Well yes, mine probably isn't the only one on there, but I didn't do it because I wanted to copy someone else. I make things that I think are cute or because they're really practical. Most of my stuff I've been making before DD was ever born, I just have friends IRL that buy it and it never makes it on Etsy.
    I made some bibs like the ones from ATB for DS, and already having friends ask me if I can make some. But someone said to me last week "oh, you just took the idea from that Apple Tree girl on Etsy?" Maybe so, but I made them because they keep my drooling kid dry. I didn't do it to steal her thunder. Seems like less of a hassle to hope I do well at all the craft fairs/festivals this fall.

I am willing to bet if they are as good as the ATB bibs and cheaper, I'd buy them from you!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • 1. My neighbor's dog constantly sh!ts in MY yard. I'm not sure why but I'm sick of it. My neighbor is out of town for the week so I may or may not have put on some plastic goves, went and picked up all the dog crap, put it in a plastic bag and put it on my neighbors porch.

2. I accidently stole a toy elephant. I was in Hobby Lobby with DD and my best friend. My friend saw the elephant and gave it to DD to play with. Forgetting it was in the stroller, I walked out of the store with it after checking out. I keep planning on returning it but Hobby Lobby is 45 minutes from my house so I might just let DD keep it.

• imageCaraLynn91:

2. I accidently stole a toy elephant. I was in Hobby Lobby with DD and my best friend. My friend saw the elephant and gave it to DD to play with. Forgetting it was in the stroller, I walked out of the store with it after checking out. I keep planning on returning it but Hobby Lobby is 45 minutes from my house so I might just let DD keep it.

This happened to us a couple weeks ago. We went to Children's Place and DD knocked over a whole rack of boys polo shirts. When we got home and I cleaned out the bottom of the stroller, I realized there was a polo in there. That's the first time I had been to that mall in probably 3 years, and who knows the next time I'll be back. I guess it made me feel better they were only $2.99 lol

imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
  • imageLukeAndAmanda:
    I have another one. I don't know if I want to put any of my stuff back up on Etsy. Seems like everytime I make something, I'm told that I'm "copying" someone else. Well yes, mine probably isn't the only one on there, but I didn't do it because I wanted to copy someone else. I make things that I think are cute or because they're really practical. Most of my stuff I've been making before DD was ever born, I just have friends IRL that buy it and it never makes it on Etsy.

Of course anything you make is going to be similar to something that's already out there.  And the Apple Tree lady didn't invent bibs.  As long as you aren't selling bibs like that and claiming they ARE Apple Tree bibs, I say go for it.

• imagemrschristamiller:

Of course anything you make is going to be similar to something that's already out there.  And the Apple Tree lady didn't invent bibs.  As long as you aren't selling bibs like that and claiming they ARE Apple Tree bibs, I say go for it.

No, of course not. I'm not even selling the bibs that I made. I genuinely was glad there was a bib made of materials that kept DS dry. That was it. And I can't stand the serging on those bibs, so they definitely couldn't pass as Apple Tree Bibs :) lol

imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
  • imageLukeAndAmanda:

No, of course not. I'm not even selling the bibs that I made. I genuinely was glad there was a bib made of materials that kept DS dry. That was it. And I can't stand the serging on those bibs, so they definitely couldn't pass as Apple Tree Bibs :) lol

I'm not crazy about the serging either.

• imagemrschristamiller:
    imageLukeAndAmanda:

Go sell your bibs to LCB over on 6-9.  She was just saying that she hates the serging.   

But honestly - I would buy similar bibs from other sites if they had prints I liked and controlled the drool.  If you ever decide to sell on-line, let us know.  I love home-made things rather than mass produced.

• imageLolliLately:
    imagemrschristamiller:
    imageLukeAndAmanda:

Go sell your bibs to LCB over on 6-9.  She was just saying that she hates the serging.   

But honestly - I would buy similar bibs from other sites if they had prints I liked and controlled the drool.  If you ever decide to sell on-line, let us know.  I love home-made things rather than mass produced.

Lol You got it :) I have a craft fair on the other side of the state the middle of May. If I get ready before then, I will make some. If not, I can after that :)

imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
  • imageMrsSeli:

I'm feeling very apathetic about my marriage lately.  I'm not sure if I want to spend the rest of my life with H, he's doing a lot of things that are really making me mad, and he has a parenting style that I often don't agree with.  But I just can't bring myself to do anything about it.  I know I should suggest counselling, and sit down and talk to him about how I'm feeling, but I just don't feel like it.  Blah.

Note: when i say I don't agree with his parenting, I'm not saying he's a bad dad or abusive.  But he always screws up her bedtime routine, will let her scream her head off at nap or bedtime (I let her cry but only to a certain level.  If she's in her screaming mode I go to her), and freaks out every time she spits up (he thinks it's gross and asks her "what's wrong with you??"  which just seems mean to me) 

Your FFFC could be mine today. My SO does the same things as your H, maybe it is a guy thing but it is really annoying & some things SO does I find mean & careless.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"