Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Any Diaper Rash Creams out there that actually work?

DD has a really bad rash and I've tried everything! Zincofax, Penaten, Aveeno and nothing is helping! If anyone has any recommendations for something that actually works that would be great! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any Diaper Rash Creams out there that actually work?

• If it's not going away, it could be yeast.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • We use Sudocrem as a barrier, but it also helps get rid of diaper rash. We've used Boudreaux's Butt Paste, and that works well for us.

DS had a pretty nasty rash when he was teething, and our pedi told us it was a normal bacterial rash. He gave us a cortisone cream with a mild steroid in it to use on it. It cleared up within two days. It also helps for him to have some naked time. I let him crawl around on my bed with a waterproof sheet on. The air helps dry out the inflamed skin.

If it doesn't go away within a couple days, definitely go to your pedi.

• Loading the player...
  • Triple paste. I would just buy the tube though not the tub if she doesn't get them often. I bought the tub before DS was born and didn't even use half of it. (He rarely got rashes though)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • lbi21lbi21 member
    I use Desitin and it seems to work fine.  DD has only had very mild diaper rash so far! 
  • Our dr. prescribed us ZAB ointment. It has aquaphor/zinc/domeboro in it and does the trick every time.
  • We've been dealing with the same thing.  The pedi said since the regular creams don't work, it is probably a yeast infection.  They told us to use an anti-fungal cream (like what you'd use for yourself with a yeast infection or for athlete's foot) for a couple days and if that didn't work, they'd give us a scrip for something stronger.  We use the cream with every change and then put Desitin over top of it.  3 days later, it is thankfully almost gone.
    BFP#1 - 08/30/09 - m/c - 10/2/09 7w4d
    BFP #2 - 11/4/09 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My Book Blog
  • Go to BRU and get some Desitin Overnight (purple bottle), it has the highest amount of Zinc before you need a prescription. I always put that on their bottoms mixed with a little petroleum jelly. Works like a charm.

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • I use Aquaphor and Butt Paste. They always seem to work for us.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Desitin extra strength works for us. (The purple bottle).

DD recently had awful diaper rash due to the runs. As soon as we started using this it cleared up. The pedi has also advised us in the past to stop using wipes for a couple of days as they tend to irritate it. We used warm wet cloths instead. With that combo, she was better in a couple days.

GL!

• When G has a diaper rash that won't go away, it's yeast, and we use a smear of Lotrimin for a day or two to clear it up.
  • I've heard from nurses that breast milk does wonders on diaper rashes that creams won't touch!
    ~Annie Marie~
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    natural m/c 3.28.08, image
    My Blog
  • Triple paste is the absolute best imo. Unless it's yeast. If it's yeast you will usually see tiny pinpricks on the rash.
  • Boudreaux's Butt Paste.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Dr. Smith's! Our pedi gave us samples when DS was having issues awhile back and it worked very quickly. Some Walmarts carry it, but Amazon is the only place I can consistently find it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Angel Baby Bottom Balm - expensive, but works within hours - LOVE the stuff!
  • Lanolin .. Works wonders, seriously. I never would have guessed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"