Indiana Babies

dr's apt

i had an apt this morning.  heartbeat 161! :)

let me start by saying - i LOVE that my doctor is being completely open to a VBAC.  that was actually the first thing she said to me "are we going to vbac or repeat c/s?"  as much as a i want a vbac, i'm also pretty scared of it.  and a little leary b/c i'm guessing i'll be having another BIG baby.  but i just am so happy that she's open to the idea. 

but holy smokes was she fast today!  i don't know if she had a delivery to get to, or was just running behind.  but she never sat down, didn't measure with the tape measure thingy.....just asked about the vbac, felt for my ute with her fingers, heard heartbeat and said i was lookin good, cya in 4 weeks.  i swear she wasn't in the room more than 5 minutes!  whew!

i guess now i'll just be counting down til my next apt and big u/s!

Re: dr's apt

• Do you remember what Audrey's hb was at 18 weeks? I'm wondering what's considered "high" if you're trying to predict gender with the hb. To me, that seems on the high side, and therefore - girl. :) I need to Google this very scientific method so I know what I'm talking about. Our 16 week appt is tonight and I'm pumped! So you won't have your anatomy scan until 22 wks? The wait for that would make me a little bonkers, even though you're team green. I'm crazy about keeping on a "normal" appt schedule though..8, 12, 16, 20, etc.
  • you'd think with audrey being my firstborn i'd have great records of all apts, but nope!  i don't remember any of her heartbeats!  eek!  never crossed my mind to record them for the future i guess.  oops!  i think 161 is on the high side.  last time the NP said it was 150 and if we were going by that - girl (although she then added it could still be a boy)!

i think your week #'s for your apt's, but my first apt wasn't until 10 weeks so i've gone at 10, 14, 18, and then my next will be 22.  it does seem super late to me, of course that could just be me being impatient.  i'll have to look and see what week i had my anatomy scan with audrey. 

p.s.  i hope denver is treating you well! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Who is your OB?  Mine is always super fast too.  She's very nice and I love the office, but she always seems rushed (but she will answer any questions/concerns!). 
  • i see dr. garner.  she's with women's health advantage (in ft wayne). 

are you from that area or somewhere else in the state?

• Not the same one...I see Dr. Fenoughty in Avon.  Like I said, I love her, she's just always on super speed! 
  • I am calling her office today to see if I can get in.. anything I need to know, I am high risk and did not have a good go with the first OB... I am just 6weeks and already been in the ER and hospitalized... :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"