May 2011 Moms

Quick: Should I tip the Geek Squad guy?

He's here setting up the surround speakers in our newly finished basement.

Tip or no tip?? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Quick: Should I tip the Geek Squad guy?

• Loading the player...
  • Eh, if you want. They only make like 10 bucks an hour, if that. They usually work for Best Buy because of the discounts  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I would...but apparently I'm BSC when it comes to tipping.
    Photobucket
  • They may not be able to except tips but you can try
    A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. ~Victor Hugo Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • paid service for setup = no. 

tipping or not, I always offer the guys a soda or a snack. 

• imageEJensify:
    I would...but apparently I'm BSC when it comes to tipping.

How much? I feel like I should, but I'm also a little BSC in the tipping dept.... All of my years working as a server must have influenced me :)

• imageLisa Frank:

imageEJensify:

How much? I feel like I should, but I'm also a little BSC in the tipping dept.... All of my years working as a server must have influenced me :)

I dunno...you probably paid for installation, right? I'd probably wind up pressuring him into taking $10 - $20 ...and I'd offer a bottled water or soda...or popsicles. 

Photobucket
  • imageLisa Frank:

imageEJensify:

Me too. I would give him like $15 and like mrbear said, I always offer drinks and or snacks. 

ETA: It might be against company policy for him to take money though. I wouldn't press it too much if he tells you he can't take it. It could mean his job if someone found out. I have worked places like that and I never accepted tips even when people really tried to get me to take them. 

• My DH is also BSC in tipping. He got really upset once when he tried tipping the guys who delivered our new couch (we got it from a place two hours away) and they wouldn't take it.
    ♥ mm/c 2/6/2010 ♥ lydia 4/28/2011 ♥ c/p 10/25/2011 ♥ edd 2/23/2012
  • imagepandi02a:
    imageLisa Frank:

imageEJensify:

Me too. I would give him like $15 and like mrbear said, I always offer drinks and or snacks. 

ETA: It might be against company policy for him to take money though. I wouldn't press it too much if he tells you he can't take it. It could mean his job if someone found out. I have worked places like that and I never accepted tips even when people really tried to get me to take them. 

Pandi, you were correct. No tips, and that stinks because he was so awesome. He just spent like 30 minutes going over everything with me. I asked if I could tip him and he said he would like to keep his job and thanks for the offer. SAD!!

• imageLisa Frank:
    imagepandi02a:
    imageLisa Frank:

imageEJensify:

Pandi, you were correct. No tips, and that stinks because he was so awesome. He just spent like 30 minutes going over everything with me. I asked if I could tip him and he said he would like to keep his job and thanks for the offer. SAD!!

Well at least you offered. I worked at a salon where we couldn't accept tips. It was always nice to have one offered anyway. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"