Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

After birth...when did you return back to work if you did...

2»

Re: After birth...when did you return back to work if you did...

• I took 12 weeks of leave, but I  actually went on leave 3 days before my daughter was born. So, I went back like 11.5 weeks after her birth.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagekimberleigh30:
    imagejessNdean:

I returned back to work after 2-3 weeks!

What line of work are you in?  How come you went back so soon?  No maternity?

I shouldn't complain so much I started working from home right when DD was born.  But I have to say...First time working from home and first time mommy those first 2 weeks probably months were the hardest since It took me a while to get adjusted and on my own with no family to help since I lived out of state.  I am in sales so that was hard to when I just wanted to take care of my daughter! ...But no maternity leave.  I'm sure if I needed more time they would have given it to me.  I pretty much took my 2 weeks vacation.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 9 weeks here. Although I was hoping to return at 12 weeks.

• 10 weeks.  I wasn't even cleared to work for 6 though, which i think is pretty standard for after having a baby.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • 7wks

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• 6 months, 12 weeks of it paid. I returned part time.
  • DD1: 8 months

DD2: 13 weeks, but I worked PT before, and only worked 12 days until summer break (I'm a teacher.) Then I had another 10 weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 12 weeks

6 weeks paid

6 weeks unpaid

• 16 Weeks

12 weeks maternity Full Pay

4 Weeks vacation - Full Pay

I know my company has a very generous policy compared to a lot of other places.

• one year (I was fortunate to be able to take a leave of absence - unpaid except the sick and vacation time I had accrued).
  • 12 week w/DS paid for with PTO

This time around it will either be 6 or 8 weeks with only 5 paid for with PTO

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Every time I see this thread I'm icked out...because all I can see is afterbirth.  LOL

With darth vader I was out 8.5 weeks.  With yoda, I work from home.  I went back at 8 weeks, but kept him home with me 4 days a week.  At 4 months he went to daycare full time.

Bianca image.
  • 9 1/2 weeks and started up gradually (my first week back was after Memorial Day, so I worked only 3 days) with one 3-day week and a 4-day week before going to FT.  Then I reduced my schedule to 80% and only work 4 days a week.

6 weeks STD, 1 week unpaid, 2 weeks vacation

~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • It was just under 12 weeks.  I figured I would make it easy & start on the first of the month which made it 4 days shy of the full 12 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 10 weeks. I couldn't have functioned at work earlier than 6 or 8 weeks.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• I work on a casual basis (on call when staff are sick or book holidays) and started after one year.
  • 4 months with both my kids. I can't imagine going back before 3 months though.
  • imageMrsWindyCity:
    Right around 3 months

This.

• I took 6 weeks using sick leave.
    imageimage
    Matilda 6/19/09
    Graham 10/25/13
  • 7 weeks.  I would've gone back sooner but doc wouldn't clear me before then. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"