Birth Stories
Options

Whitney Venessa 1/4/11

After a long pregnancy, and being put on bedrest at 28 weeks due to an incompetant cervix, our Team Green Baby was born on 1/4/11, due 1/28/11.

I had literally just let my head hit the pillow at about 12:40 am, after scarfing down 2 cheeseburgers from Wendy's that my husband brought on his way home.  I felt a "boom"sensation, and water began to gush out on the bed. I was in such a shock, as I had been so nervous if I would know when my water broke or not, I certainly new. I ran downstairs to tell my husband who was watching tv. I proceeded to gush more water all over the kitchen floor,and my heart was pounding. My husband jumped up to warm up the car, and i let the dogs out pee. I ran up to the bathroom in a panic, and jumped in the shower to rinse my legs off,i thought the flow had stopped, but boy was i wrong! We got in the car, and off we went on the 40 minute drive. I had been dialated a 4 at my last doctors appointment, so i wasnt sure how much time we had.

I called my entire family, and Matts, and off we went. We made it to the hospital at 1:45, and I was told to let them know when the pain was bad for the epidural. At about 400, I requested it, the pain seemed to get horrible out of nowhere, like menstral cramps times 10. The person giving the epidurals was busy, and they checked me and i was a 9! I got a shot of morphine to hold me over, and the man finally came.  Holding still in between the contractions was tough, but i knew i wanted that epidural! Once I got that, it was smooth sailing. 

I ended up falling asleep for awhile, I was so calm at that point. I was told to call when i felt like I had to push. At 6am, i woke up and was ready to push. They told me to push like I had to go number 2, and it took me a bit to get it right. Matt was the only person in the room with us, and he held my left leg for me.  To me, once I had the epidural, it was all ok. The pain did not seem so bad. I pushed and pushed, and they kept telling me they could see hair. At this point I forgot all about wondering what the sex was. lol. I just wanted the baby out! lol.  They were not getting a heart beat, so they used the vacuum, and i was almost giving up from exhaustion (even though i have heard some people are in labor so much longer, and this was nothign!)   Whitney was born at 658am.  I felt a whooshing sensation as she came out, and they held her up to show me. I saw the cord, and thought it was a boy,  but they said "ITS A GIRL!"and i cried and cried, because I secretly wanted a girl SO bad, but would never say it out loud.

They stitched me up, and placed her on my chest to get her warm. She was a good size of 5'2 18 inches long, which is weirdly the exact same size i was when I was born. Matt went out to tell our families, but he did not tell them the sex. Everyone flooded in, and I got to tell them, it was so cool!

The absolutle best day of my life!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Whitney Venessa 1/4/11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"