Ohio Babies
Options

RGI or ORM??? Anyone recommend an RE?

LindzKLindzK member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies
If you have dealt with either place, please let me know what you think?   I have read mixed reviews.  I have an appointment at Reproductive Gynocology (RGI) Thurs. and I have an appointment set at Ohio Reproductive Medicine (ORM) next week. My insurance doesn't cover much and I am in need of an RE. I have read other people that recommended RGI, so I made an appt. And my OBGYN called me today and said he preferred ORM. Any insight would be helpful.  TIA!
Me=30, DH=31
Together since 2000, Married 10/17/2009
TTC since 2/2010,Dx with PCOS 12/2010, taking 1500mg Metformin
2/11-6/11 Medicated cycles w/RE
7/11-9/11 Break from RE
Suprise BFP 10/7/11! DD born 6/14/2012!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: RGI or ORM??? Anyone recommend an RE?

• Options
    I love RGI.  I love the office and the location is great for me, too.  They get you in and out and you can get everything done right in the office.  My sister went to ORM and had success but had some minor issues.  I think most Drs like ORM because they've been the dominating facility in Columbus and they're used to working with them.  All in all it's where you feel most comfortable, not your doctor.  That's good you have appointments at both places.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have no experience with this, but did want to wish you luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for your help.  I can use all I get. My appointment is tomorrow at RGI. I have high hopes! Confused
    Me=30, DH=31
    Together since 2000, Married 10/17/2009
    TTC since 2/2010,Dx with PCOS 12/2010, taking 1500mg Metformin
    2/11-6/11 Medicated cycles w/RE
    7/11-9/11 Break from RE
    Suprise BFP 10/7/11! DD born 6/14/2012!!!

• Options

I highly recommend Dr. James at RGI!    Go on over to the Pregnant After Infertility board and post this and you will have a wealth of information handed to you!    Also you should check out the Columbus  Nesties spin-off board -we have a pinned topic on this!    PM me if you want the link!

TTC#2: septum removed, 2 losses, Stage 2 Endo, thin lining, slight MFI
    iui #5 2/7 + 2/8 = BFP!! 11 dpiui
    Beta #1 2/18 11dpiui= 46, Beta #2 13dpiui 150, Beta #3 16dpiui 584!!
    u/s revealed triplets! Baby B 3rd loss 8w2d. Twins! EDD 10/31/11 * c/s scheduled 10/12/11 My NEW BLOG Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have been working with Dr. Steve Williams at ORM and it has been a very positive experience.  My family doctor recommended him to me and its been great.  I was nervous because I am a heavy woman and he treated me with a lot of respect.  He put me on Clomid right away ($9 w/o insurance!) instead of doing a bunch of testing on me and DH because it was obvious all signs pointed to me as I have PCOS.  He had to play around with the dose a bit but I got my BFP two weeks ago after 5 months on Clomid (3 that had successful ovulations).  I am going in to see him on the 25th (I'll be 7 1/2 weeks) for an ultrasound and assuming everything looks good he'll then hand me over to the case of an OB.
    ~Catie I.~ Baby due December 11, 2011!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"