Indiana Babies
Options

Small House......

We live in a small three bedroom house.  My boyfriend has two older kids 12 and 15, and they are at the house every weekend and several days a week.  I am planning on keeping our baby in our small room probably for longer than the first year, but I don't know what we should do about a bed.  I have been looking at co sleepers because I want to breast feed.  I see a lot of neg and pos reviews.  A normal size crib will not fit in our room or even in one of the kids room.  Anyone else have this issue and have some advise?
image image Siggy Challange: Before and After 2 Days old Image and video hosting by TinyPic Almost 9 Months Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Small House......

• Options
    What about setting up a Pack 'n Play next to your bed? I might have to do this if our house in IN hasn't sold and we're still in our one-bedroom apt when the baby's born. The PNP is my contingency plan in case this happens, anyway.
  • Options
    We used a cosleeper mini until my son outgrew it :) If you're planning on keeping baby in your room for longer than six-or-so months, I would consider side-carring a crib by your bed. It would take up a little more space but you'll only be out the cost of the crib as opposed to both the crib and a (quite expensive) co-sleeper.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Both of those suggestions are good. I agree that if you're going to get a crib eventually  and can somehow make it work via a side-car arrangement even though your bedroom is small, that would be ideal. I seem to remember there being "mini cribs" when we were crib shopping, but I'm not sure how small these are comparted to traditional cribs. Using a pack n play could work out well. That's what we're using to keep Connor in our room while he's so young. Once we transition him to the nursery we'll still be glad we have the pack n play for travel, so it's a good investment. Most other options I can think of for tight quarters would be outgrown too quickly. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ditto the others. I'd probably look into a mini crib if you don't have room for a full size. A cosleeper is  a good idea but you won't be able to use it after 5-6 months unless the mattress drops because the baby will be sitting and may fall out of it (same for a bassinet). A pack n play would probably work too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"