Connecticut Babies

New in CT

I am 8 weeks pregnant, due in May and my husband and I are moving down to the Easrtern Connecticut area in 2 weeks. Any suggestions for amazing Ob/gyns and anything related to babies and being a new mom? Thanks!

Re: New in CT

• a specific town would help people suggest things.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I go to Uconn in farmington but they also have an office in hartford.

where in ct are you? that would help

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • i used mansfield ogyn
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would NOT recommend Shoreline Obgyn in new london.  The dr's are very impersonal and not warm or friendly at all.  They make it seem like answering your questions is a hassle Sad
  • Not sure which town you'll be in. But, I got to Cresent Street OB/GYN. They are right across the street from Middlesex Hospital. They also have practices in Marlborough and Old Saybrook.
    Three angel babies...I think it's time for a change
  • If you're in southeastern CT, OB/GYN Services in Norwich is amazing. The other OB office in town closed, and it was a blessing in disguise. I had no choice but to move over to OB/GYN Services, but in the end was so happy I did! They have two locations -- the OB practice is at Backus Hospital, and the gyno practice is about 5 minutes away from the hospital. Out of everyone, I had only one midwife I wasn't so keen on. I think they have like 4 midwives and 6 OBs, and they are thorough, friendly, professional, and encouraging. They were very supportive of me trying to go natural, although they all hinted that I remember to be flexible as well if interventions are medically necessary and be open to discussion, which I can understand. But I never felt like they would suggest an intervention unless it was necessary or they thought it would help me to achieve the birth I wanted.

I ended up delivering with Dr. Briggs, and he was incredible -- I labored for over 24 hours and pushed for 2 hours, and my labor and delivery were a bit complicated and became fairly risky toward the end, but LO seemed to be doing okay and Dr. Briggs really wanted to help me have the vaginal delivery I wanted. He did end up suggesting that I consider some interventions when things became dicey and I accepted them, but I wouldn't have had a vaginal delivery without them (I was exhausted and stalled at 7 cm for 5 hours after about 18 hours of active labor, so I accepted an epidural for a few hours of sleep and the lowest amount of pitocin to help get me over the hump... I absolutely couldn't have made it the rest of the way and pushed without getting some rest first, and my water had broken over 24 hours before and I was getting very feverish so we needed to move the dilation along). I think his suggestions at that point were totally appropriate, and I felt like accepting them was my choice. The nurses at Backus were fabulous as well. I felt encouraged by everyone to try for the birth I wanted, but given the complications that I faced, I feel like their support and expertise helped me to get the closest thing possible and avoid an emergency c-section.

• Hi there! I'm also in Eastern CT - Norwich/Groton area. Were you able to find an OB you like?
  • What did you think?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"