Eco-Friendly Family

EF Toothpaste

Does anyone have a good EF toothpaste to recommend?

TIA 

DS - June 2006 DD1 - November 2007 DD2 - August 2010

Re: EF Toothpaste

• I use Tom's in spearmint flavor. It is ok. I feel like my teeth get clean, but the taste grosses me out a little. I think it is because it isn't sweetened with fake sugar. I'm getting used to it now, and when I use my DH toothpaste (he won't change yet) it tastes like candy **yum**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We use Nature's Gate Whitening "gel" (it is a thick paste) - and it is great. You can get it at Whole Foods. Much like 'traditional' toothpaste - tastes good and thicker. I really highly recommend it - it was the only thing that got DH away from the other crap...
  • Loading the player...
  • I just started using Tom's in peppermint and I like it a lot.  My teeth feel waaaay cleaner now.

pivey~I'm going to have to see if I can't find Nature's Gate.  I love their shampoo... didn't know they made toothpaste!

• I think Tom's Peppermint is way better than the spearmint (leaves a weird feeling/taste).  I love the way my mouth feels compared to using regular sugary toothpaste.
  • imagekiliwicket:

I just started using Tom's in peppermint and I like it a lot.  My teeth feel waaaay cleaner now.

pivey~I'm going to have to see if I can't find Nature's Gate.  I love their shampoo... didn't know they made toothpaste!

Good luck!

This is the one we like

• We like Toms in Peppermint and they now sell it at Costco!  It took us a bit to get used to, and then when we ran out we had a bunch of Crest leftover to use.  Yuck, it tastes like candy like a pp said.

Also, for mouthwash, we use a mixture of ACT (we do like the little bit of added fluoride) and Tom's.  We just mix it in an old ACT bottle.

• We're a Tom's family. We love their toothpaste... the peppermint is a stronger minty breath flavor than spearmint, but both are good. The mouth rinse in spearmint is great... leaves your mouth super clean! I even have the kids tooth gel, but it has flouride, so we don't use it yet. Don't want stains on her teeth.
  • I use Tom's of Maine fluoride free toothpaste.  I have also used baking soda, but it takes a lot of getting used to.  Off topic, but have you seen The Fluoride Deception
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"