Washington Babies

Most forgotten item

So my baby shower is done, extra items all bought and I am nervous that I have forgotten something.  I have the basics and the obvious things but thought I would ask here to the newer Mommies.....Once you were home from the hospital, what were the items that you realized you needed that weren't thought of ahead of time as a necessity?

Re: Most forgotten item

• Nipple cream, and some big super maxi pads.
  • A bottle drying rack. We use it every day. Even when BF'ing. I never thought I would need one.

Oct 2011 3 1/2 years old.
    Robert Williams Birth date 5/16/2008
  • Loading the player...
  • a cook, a maid and a night nurse.
  • tons of burp cloths.  We had a few decorative ones but I wanted ones that were more wash and dry type ones.  Also for me it was comfy clothes that were still presentable when people were at my house visiting.  I wanted to be relaxed but still not in 10 year old PJ bottoms. 
  • Nipple Shields and soothies if your going to bf!!  We drove all over town the day after we got home looking for them!  Keep the soothies in the fridge they feel so good cold!  Ditto on the maxi pads!
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Also lots of food in your fridge or planned meals. 

Oct 2011 3 1/2 years old.
    Robert Williams Birth date 5/16/2008
  • For us it was not baby items per say.....

Nightlights.  I was obsessed abou it not being pitch black so I could see her at night, without turning on a light.  We went and got 1 for the hallway, 1 for our room and we already had one in her room.

Yes, big maxi-pads

I went and got 2- 5 packs of Hanes granny undies.  lol  I didn't have to worry about ruining my VS undies and the the brief's held the fore-metioned giantic maxi-pads in place.  (the first few days home PP are quite messy in that dept.. you;ll be changing undies alot.

Hand sanitizer.  After seeing all the nurses using it at the hospital, we wanted some for each room of the house! 

Burp cloths.  I love the thin ones from Target.  It's like a 5 or 6 pack of 2 different colors.  We used these LOTS!

Mulitpurpose pads.  Or Lap Pads.  We put these over the changing pad and are SO glad we had tons of them.  Every diaper change we'd go thru 3 diapers since we'd get one off and she'd pee or poop into the clean one.  It also would have got all over the changing pad cover had we not had these pads on it to just put a new one on rather than change out the entire cover.  Especialy since we only had 2 of the pretty covers!  (That would have been alot of washing)  The pads were in complementary colors so matched everything, just saved us some work. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    a cook, a maid and a night nurse.

LOL!!!!Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto granny panties! For all the reasons Nancy said and also I ended up having a c-section and my bikini underwear would dig in my c-section cut. It was very painful.
  • Stocking every bathroom with pads and peri bottle so you are not stuck on the downstairs toilet and everything is upstairs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes the mega super pads are important.  You actually buy them in the incontinence aisle at the drugstore, not the femine protection aisle.  Ahhhh, the beauty of childbirth!   Also, ask for extra pairs of the mesh panties they give you.  Mesh panties + Granny pads + peri bottle + witchhazel pads (like Tuck's) + dibucaine = comfort.  Or close to it!  ;)  They will give you a peri bottle at the hospital.  I delivered at Swedish and they gave me tons of witchhazel pads and dibucaine to go home with.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ditto PP on the pads. I did get some to take home from the hospital but needed more. I also went out and bought witch hazel wipes to try to keep things a little clean down there. Also used tucks for the first 2 weeks or so. I'm just now starting to feel a little healed.
  • Extra changing pad covers

Burp cloths and washclothes

Padded cover for the pack and play (where she sleeps in our room)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"