Trying to Get Pregnant

Temp later in day vs BBT

I know only your BBT is accurate for charting, and all sorts of things affect your temp for later in the day (eating, moving, drinking, etc). But shouldn't it be that your 'daytime' temp is always higher than your BBT, since your BBT is taken after sleep?

Yet, my 'daytime' temp is almost always LOWER than my BBT. Like, I just took my temp and it was  97.43, but my BBT was 97.89 this morning.

Just curious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
imageimage
imageimage

Re: Temp later in day vs BBT

• I wonder if it has anything to do w/ you being under the covers and all snuggled up? Not sure! But, it really needs to be read after sleeping and before you climb out of bed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you have just had anything to drink it could effect the temp, also after you are moving around etc your temp shold be closer to 98.6 or normal body temp.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageajroemisch:
    I wonder if it has anything to do w/ you being under the covers and all snuggled up? Not sure! But, it really needs to be read after sleeping and before you climb out of bed!

True about the covers, maybe that's it. I def temp before getting out of bed though :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imageMilliways:
    If you have just had anything to drink it could effect the temp, also after you are moving around etc your temp should be closer to 98.6 or normal body temp.

Hmm. I guess I don't know what my "normal" body temp is. I did just drink something before temping an hour ago (for fun). But my BBT has only hit or gone above 98.6 maybe 3 times in 9 cycles of temping.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • imageMilliways:
    ...after you are moving around etc your temp shold be closer to 98.6 or normal body temp.

Not necessarily true.  Some people have lower than the average 98.6 and are perfectly healthy.  I am in that category.  Pre-O, my waking temperatures are about a full degree lower than "normal" (97.5-7F).   

Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"