Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Question about travel systems

Hi ladies! DH and I have been doing some research into baby gear and I'm trying to get some opinions from other moms. We are trying to decide between getting a travel system or an infant car seat and a lighter weight stroller. I've heard people complain about how travel system strollers are so bulky, but I think it's going to be easier to just attach the car seat to the stroller in the beginning rather than trying to get the baby out of the car seat and into the lighter weight stroller.

If you've made it this far I'd appreciate any opinions! Thanks! :-) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Question about travel systems

• Options

We got a travel system, the baby trend jogger. 

Yes, they are larger, and a bit heavier.  But it is really nice to just pop the carrier out of the seat and attach to the stroller and vice versa. 

This is what my step daughter had and it was really nice.  (at least according to my husband)

As for the stroller, I like the travel versions only because that thing becomes your own personal shopping cart anywhere you go.  Kids always need stuff...and frankly so do you, and there is so much more storage (baskets, cup holders, etc) on a regular travel stroller verses the light weight.  I was so said when we had to get rid of the big stroller and go to an umbrella stroller...there is no where to put anything. 

But, as you will find, everyone is different and all have preferences one way or the other.  Best thing you can do is look at how much you will use it, where, how, and then try out the different ones at like a BRU (like it or not, they have the best in-store selection, but you don't have to buy there, we got a great deal at Walmart online)

Hope that helps.

• Options
    This is our first, but we went with the travel system.  My friends all loved theirs so I didn't really think too hard about it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I opted for a Baby Trend infant carrier/car seat with the snap-n-go stoller. It works like a travel system without the bulk. Very light weight, compact and easy to use.
  • Options
    As pp said its a personal preference but all of my friends that got travel systems didnt like them and advised me against them wholeheartedly.  I HIGHLY recommend the Snap n Go since its very small and compact, lightweight, and easy to fold/unfold even with one hand while holding the baby carrier. Id start with that and see what other stroller fits your lifestyle as the baby starts to outgrow the carrier (probably around 6 months-ish). If youre just concerned about the carrier connecting to the stroller, carriers can be connected to almost every stroller currently on the market by buying a carseat attachment accessory, usually less than $50 depending on the stroller. And for what its worth, I LOVE the baby jogger city mini and have serious buyers remorse over not getting it (I got the City Classic which is much bigger and bulkier) so if you are looking to buy ONE relatively light weight stroller that is super easy to fold and fits in pretty much any trunk with room to spare--thats the one for you. Its just over $200 and has a $40-50 carseat attachment to allow you to use it with infant carriers until baby is big enough to ride in the regular seat. good luck. Stroller decisions are hard!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"