Military Families

Giving birth @ keesler

Has anyone given birth at KAFB? Looking for any info on the experience.
Married 04/06/06 IUD In 02/10/08 IUD Out 04/08/11 TTC #1 05/08/11 The Alot

Re: Giving birth @ keesler

• I had our second there and it was the BEST experience.  Loved Keesler, miss it now.  *sigh*  They have great docs  (it was 2 yrs ago though) and I saw a midwife and a reg OB Dr.  I was going for VBAC and ended up having another C/S but it was an awesome experience.  The birthing suites are nice and it's all very laid back and the nurses were fantastic.  Loved it.
  • Thank you so much for your reply! I had to deal with the doc down in the ER the other day, and I'll admit they were way nicer than some I dealt with at a Navy hospital. I'm mostly concerned they won't let me walk around or use different positions during labor. So many mil hospitals stick you in bed and hook you up to twelve different machines and you just lay there on your back making labor more difficult.
  • Loading the player...
  • they walked me a LOT.  I was trying really hard for VBAC and they let me walk for a long time, I think they even have those birthing balls (like an exercise ball) too, but they said I could bring my if I wanted.  I just didn't get that far.  I was already past due and was set up with another c/s  (they did NOT force me into that btw, it was just a decision that needed to be made).  Like I said though, they are wonderful there.  I miss Keesler desperately :(  How far along are you?
  • Actually, I'm not along at all. I've just been debating switching to Standard so I could choose a different hospital. But with the wonderful experience you've had, and a friend of mine choosing them for her second child after giving birth to her first there, I'm gonna stick with Prime, I think. 

Thanks so much for all the info!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"