Houston Babies

Another Christmas/Holiday POLL

Do you put a tree in your DC's room?

I've never done this before but I saw the cutest little pink tree at Michael's yesterday and I wanted to get it so bad.  I know DH will have a hissy fit if I get one (he's ebenzer scrooge). 

I never had one in my room growing up but I had girlfriends who did.  And I was wondering just how common it is.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Another Christmas/Holiday POLL

• I already bought one for F's room.  With pink ornaments =)
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • Yep, my mom made if for Amelia.  I think there's a picture in my bio.
  • Loading the player...
  • i have never heard of, and certainly have never seen, a christmas tree specifically for a child's room. i can see having something cute and decorative but i don't think it would ever be an intentional thing on my part...
  • I had one in Lauren's room her 1st two years and now I got a bigger one that will go between the girls rooms. We went to Disneyworld last summer and I got all princess ornaments for their tree.
  • I had one growing up, with its own wooden nursery rhyme ornaments...I wonder if my mom still has them.
    Finley Anne ~ 11.9.2008
    So Tasty, So Yummy
  • When my dad remarried - we put one in my brother's room (he was 8.)  But that was also because his room was on the front of the house and you could see his tree from the street, but not our family tree, and we didn't want people to think we were Scrooge.
  • I don't know if we will do one for DD when she is so young, but we have done one for SS since he was 7. It is just a 2ft tree that I bought to put up in my cubicle at work one year.

I confess that a big reason I did it was because I had a color-coordinated tree that I wanted to put up, but I didn't want to not display the old plastic cartoon-y ornaments that he really liked. He really loved it for the first several years, but last year he did not put it up for the first time (darn 13yo scrooge!)

- Jena
  • imagePAGAS:
    I already bought one for F's room.  With pink ornaments =)

I think it's a cute idea.  I had never heard of it before but I think I will do it next year for my little one.

• imagePAGAS:
    I had one growing up, with its own wooden nursery rhyme ornaments...I wonder if my mom still has them.

I bet she does have them!

• I think it's a good idea.  hoenstly it would be a good source of input for the baby's eyes and senses.  it's gentle and calming [hopefully]  I think i will be doing this!  next christmas baby should be about 7 months.
  • I had a small one in my room when I was growing up.  Sarah didn't have one last year....maybe this year Hmm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"