1st Trimester
Options

Tell me about your creative ways to tell DH!

I know I could scroll through the board and read post by post about your creative ways of telling DH that you are pg.  But I was hoping some of you would save me the time and post here.

When I got pg with DS we had been trying so it wasn't like a big surprise or anything and he was like 'well yeah, I have been doing you like every day for this'  This time, we weren't really trying so it WILL be a surprise.  I know in a month when we share with family and friends I will have a cute t-shirt made for DS.

Re: Tell me about your creative ways to tell DH!

• Options

I cried and shoved the pregnancy test in his face.  Seriously.  I was scared!!  Tongue Tied

Sorry can't help you. I am sure next time around will be more fun!

image imagePregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    We had been trying to ?2.5 years, so I had seen hundreds of BFN. I took one while my hubby was in the bathroom and walked towards the door and said, "Um, I think this says I'm pregnant." He opened the door super fast and stuck his hand out to examine the test! lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I made DH a ridiculously strong mixer and handed it to him when he came home from work. The concersation went something like this:

I hand DH the drink

DH: Aw, thanks. You're so sweet.

Me: I'm not that sweet, you're gonna need that.

I hand DH the positive pregnancy test.

DH realizes what it is and nearly has a heart attack.

Don't worry.... I only had to do CPR for a couple minutes before he came back around Smile

He really appreciated that drink. Let me tell ya.

image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • Options

Yay!  It's happened!  3 positive tests! 

So I'd been trying to come up with neat ideas on how to share the news with my husband.  So I'll share what I did.

We have an extra room in the house that's always been for a baby when it actually happens but we've just been throwing "stuff" in there.  Well because cluter hates me and I HATE IT, I keep asking DH to clean out his closet in the room.  He always says sure next weekend (for the last year).  Well on Friday I printed off pictures of a crib, a dresser and changing table and clothes and taped them to the wall where I thought it would look cute.  I printed off a picture of a rug, and laid my positive pregnancy test there. 

After I had made an amazing lunch, DH said he needed to go upstairs to change, I told him to wait so I could go to.  As we walked up stairs, I reminded him about the closet, then opened the door and said, "well you have a bit of a time line this time, like 9 months". 

He stopped, stared at the wall pictures, looked at the floor, and said, "are you kidding me, this is wonderful!" 

Now he can't stop to think straight.  And can't stop smiling. 

:)

Good luck to all of you!

• Options
    I had those word magnets, I think they called them poetry magnets or something.  I spelled out "You are going to be a dad", put it right above the water dispenser on the fridge and took off all the other magnets.  When DH got home, I pretended to be totally interested in the show I was watching on TV and asked him if he could get me a glass of water.  There was no missing it.  That was for DS.  For this one, I just came out and told him, lol.
  • Options
    well mine's not really creative... i just waited for him to come back from the gym, and when he got home i gave him a big hug, then told him to close his eyes and lead him into the bathroom. i put the positive test in his hand and told him to open his eyes. that was it! sorry i'm not too much help, but i'm sure you'll think of something. oh, and i think the t-shirt idea is really cute Smile
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ooo!  I did the "shove the pee stick in his face" too!
  • Options
    Not creative at all, and come to think of it, not a ton of thought put into this one. He was in the other bathroom when i took the test. He heard me say  WELL SH!T and came to see what the deal was. THEN...I did the shove the pee stick in his face thing...
  • Options

I got a positive test on the anniversary of the day that DH and I met back in college, so when we were driving home later that night I said,"Oh, hey, do you know what today is?" never expecting him to remember, but he said, "Oh yeah! Today is the anniversary of when we met." So I casually said something like, "Wow. Did you ever think when you first met me that in five years we'd be married in our own house with a baby on the way?"

It took him a second, but he was so thrilled that he rolled down the window and screamed to the neighbors that he was having a boy. Haha - we'll see about that!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I taped the BFP to a piece of cardboard and put it in an amazon box.  I told DH he got another book, and asked him to check if this was the right one, since it didn't seem like something he would order.  I set up our regular camera on video mode and taped him opening the box.  He was surprised....and exciting!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageChiOmegaGirl:

I got a positive test on the anniversary of the day that DH and I met back in college, so when we were driving home later that night I said,"Oh, hey, do you know what today is?" never expecting him to remember, but he said, "Oh yeah! Today is the anniversary of when we met." So I casually said something like, "Wow. Did you ever think when you first met me that in five years we'd be married in our own house with a baby on the way?"

It took him a second, but he was so thrilled that he rolled down the window and screamed to the neighbors that he was having a boy. Haha - we'll see about that!

Aw! That's really cute!

image Don't argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level then beat you with experience. - Mrs. G
  • Options
    Yeah, I had a 'shove the test in DH's face moment': I was so. shocked. that all I could to was say, "Can you keep a secret?" with this huge smile on my face...and then I showed him the test. I just had no clue that it was going to be positive and had no time between seeing the result and needing to blurt it out to someone! =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First time I was so excited I ran to him and waved the test in his face and did a little dance. ?This time around I wrote in lipstick on our bathroom mirror- "Way 2 go, Daddy! ?You did it again! ?XOXO" ?and waited for him to come home from work and go straight to the shower (he works in the ER). ?
  • Options
    I bought baby shoes.  When I gave them to him early one morning he was so puzzled.  I then started crying, and he knew from that point we were pregnant.
  • Options
    I wrote the word Baby on my belly under my shirt. When he came home from work I told him that we were having someone over for dinner. He says "who" and I lifted my shirt revealing the word Baby. He was in shock.
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a tag made for our dog,Lucy, that said "I'm going to be a big sister."  I told DH that Lucy had a new tag & he should check it out.  He thought I had another puppy or a kitten hidden in the garage.  I had to say "I'm pregnant!"  He was so shocked!!  I framed the tag and it's going in the baby room.
  • Options

No creative idea from me. I threw the light on and jammed the stick in his face.

He didn't even realize it was positive. "Well it isn't very dark.." Umm doofis, it's not like an OPK. A line is a line.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • Options

Our BFP was unexpected so I called his work and had them pull him out of a meeting.  I also had texted him with the two magical words: "I'm Pregnant"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"