Infertility

Employers helping w/ IF treatment costs?

I was reading on the adoption board that some employer help their employees (offer reimb) w/ the adoption process.  Now I'm curious if companies offere assistance w/ the cost of IF. 

I just started at my company so I don't want to run down and ask HR, but maybe they do and I don't even know it!  I know they are suppose to be confidential, but at a previous job, the HR Mgr was far from it!

So, question, do any of your jobs help w/ costs, besides insurance coverage?

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Employers helping w/ IF treatment costs?

• Mine doesn't.  But my boss is understanding of the time I need for appts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    PCOS, Ectopic & M/C of twins October 2010, Currently TTC #2
  • I have a $10K lifetime cap with my insurance (which 3 IUIs pretty much plowed through) and a $25K cap with DH's insurance. But we're now OOP since we joined Shared Risk.

I also have $5K towards adoption.

I'm definitely one of the lucky ones! 

After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • Loading the player...
  • I get 4 IVFs fully covered through my employer's insurance, and all meds are covered as well.  They also reimburse $5K toward adoption.  I am so grateful.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have $25K in coverage through my insurance. I have $3500 towards adoption expenses.

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No. They have IF insurance coverage, which I'm sure to them means they help with costs.

• We have no IF coverage under either insurance by DH gets up to 5,000 towards adoption. I do have an employer funded HSA so we got 3,000 from that but all IF costs come out of that money and then some...

• I know some bigger companies do but I don't think its as common as adoption coverage. My insuance covers the costs of IF though so I haven't looked into it.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"