3rd Trimester

My doctor is "curious."

I've come to learn that this is his way of saying that he has a concern without getting me too alarmed. So, today he ordered another extra growth ultrasound for next week because he's "curious" about whether or not LO has grown at all since my last appointment. His heartbeat is still healthy, but his movements have slowed a lot, and my belly isn't measuring any bigger. Looks like he may have run out of room in his fish tank. So, I'm trying not to get upset. After all, looking on the bright side, this could mean that I might have a baby next week, right? I just wish I didn't have to sit here and think about it for another week. My hormonal paranoia is going to drive me crazy!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My doctor is "curious."

• I had growth problems with my DS and usually they won't induce for growth until 38-39 weeks to be sure the lungs are good and developed. I wouldn't get too worried.
  • I've had the same thing happen.  At 34 weeks I was measuring 32, did a growth u/s, he was measuring just a few days behind.  At 37 weeks, again I was measuring 32 and had no weight gain, did another growth u/s, he's still measuring just a few days more behind (still only about a week total).  I'll be induced exactly at 39 weeks (next Wednesday/Thursday).  I'm sure things will be just fine, good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat - baby is measuring super small; about 5lbs at 37 weeks, and I'm measuring at 34w.  We're going to 39w and then giving LO a chance to catch up and grow big on the outside. Doc has us coming in 2x a week for NST, which she always passes with flying colors, and has done a ton of testing on me - peanut is perfect, just little.  Good luck and try to relax! Your little guy will be here soon!

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

• DS went through a 4 week lull around that time.  He was born a healthy 7 pounds, 1 ounce at 39 weeks without induction.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, I was induced at 39 weeks and DS was 6 lbs 3 oz, perfectly healthy..just small. What's funny is that he's always measured so small, in the 10th or so percentile, so I think that's just the way he his. We are hoping he will hit a good growth spurt one of these days. It's amazing how they are so similar to when they were in the womb in many ways.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"