Pennsylvania Babies

Pregnancy Insomnia

Anyone else have trouble sleeping?  When hearing about pg women having trouble sleeping I thought it had to do with being uncomfortable.  It is a little uncomfortable most nights (I'm sure that will increase later) but I can usually get back to sleep after readjusting.  My issue is waking up hungry or just not being able to get back to sleep.  I end up either toughing it out and just lying there or heading downstairs for a bowl of cereal and tv.  Anyone else?  Honestly, it isn't a huge deal, but when thinking about future sleep deprivation, it would be nice to get more sleep NOW!
{Blog}
TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy Insomnia

• I'm with you on this and I had this problem when I was pregnant the first time.  I either wake up frequently or wake up in the middle of the night and can't fall back to sleep.  I also am rarely able to sleep past 5:15 in the morning which is infuriating.  I jsut try and deal with it the best I can.  Sometimes if I lay there long enough or watch a little tv I can fall back to sleep.
  • Everyone always told me, it was your body training you for future sleep deprivation.  Of course I think that was a load of crap... I was with you, trying to get more sleep while I could.

I didn't have too much trouble sleeping, until the last month.  That's when it was really bad.  Had to pee all the time, and I would wake up so thirsty, but was afraid to drink anything because then I knew I'd have to pee again.  So I'm sorry to say, it probably won't get any better.  Take advantage of naps during the day if you can!

• Loading the player...
  • I've been having trouble sleeping, too.  It's due to hip pain, having to pee at least once, and now, heartburn.  I wake up with my throat burning in the middle of the night.

I wake up every time I need to roll over, and I can't sleep very deeply.  I thought this wouldn't happen for at least another month.  It seems like I traded nausea for having trouble sleeping.  I agree - I don't need this much practice with getting up umteen times in the middle of the night. 

• I've had trouble sleeping from week one! I rarely used to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, but it's consistently been 1-3 times a night since the beginning. I also find that I can't sleep after I wake up.  I worry about work, which is odd because, for once,  my job isn't very stressful.  I also have a lot more trouble with temperature regulation. I'll wake up sooo hot, so I'll change clothes, only to wake up a few hours later freezing cold! My best sleep seems to come during the naps I take on the couch....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"